Monitors New 19"/20" LCD Monitor?

I understand there are so many threads on this topic already..

But i still wanted to get a clear idea on what to buy..

This is gonna be my very first LCD ! (5+ yrs of 15" crt :( )

So plz do help me out..

My options:

19" LCDs :

Dell 1908WFP US

Dell SE198WFP

Dell E198WFP

LG W1942S

LG L194WT/L194WS

Samsung 943NWX Touch e

Samsung 932NW

Samsung 920NW

20" LCD:

Dell E207WFP(if it's worth it!)

What i need:

Response time <= 5ms

Contrast: > 900:1

Decent viewing angle

DVI-D & VGA

Very good performance & reliability

Vertical tilt

Don't need:

Built-in Speakers

Built-in Webcam

USB Ports

Budget: Around 10k

I may be able to get a good discount on the dell monitors(Don't ask me how!)

will i have any issues using the monitor with my onboard gfx(amd690v-ATI x1200/1250 express)? Won't be getting a gfx card anytime soon..

So I would really appreciate it if you guys could list out the two best models i should consider from what i've already listed..

Thnx a bunch..

~ T.T.M

P.S: Plz don't suggest something not in the list.I'm not interested in any other brand!

Hi mate,

Dell SP2008WFP 20" meets your needs.
it has 2ms response time. The only con is you wont have the facility of swivel and other adjustments!!! :eek:hyeah:

Marun said:
Hi mate,

Dell SP2008WFP 20" meets your needs.
it has 2ms response time. The only con is you wont have the facility of swivel and other adjustments!!! :eek:hyeah:

Not really keen on the webcam,mic & usb..
moreover it's almost 14k !

20" LCD:

Dell E207WFP

i recommend i gues does it has TN panel

btw u motherboard is AMD 690 onboard gpu it come with dvi-sub and vga so no need gpu card or u can update later

if u are game u need u change 800x600 for set low :p while playing any games :p

Dell E198WFP is one of the best TN panel 19"ers; Period;

My vote goes for it;

I've personally seen it and felt that my US2208WFP lacks a bit of color gamut; :ashamed:

And u can easily source one for ~10k if u can make up ur mind to convince the DELL reps; ;)

gannu said:
Dell E198WFP is one of the best TN panel 19"ers; Period;
My vote goes for it;

I've personally seen it and felt that my US2208WFP lacks a bit of color gamut; :ashamed:

And u can easily source one for ~10k if u can make up ur mind to convince the DELL reps; ;)

1. Is it BETTER than the Samsung & Lg LCDs i've listed ??
2. Difference b/w SE198WFP & E198WFP ?
3. I know someone really close whose friend works at DELL,so i think i could get a decent discount! maybe get a 12k lcd for 10k ;)
4. Does the 1908WFP have a better screen quality than the std. SE198WFP & E198WFP ??? if that's the case i don't mind having the extra usb ports..

Ajayarun said:
20" LCD:
Dell E207WFP

i recommend i gues does it has TN panel

btw u motherboard is AMD 690 onboard gpu it come with dvi-sub and vga so no need gpu card or u can update later

if u are game u need u change 800x600 for set low :p while playing any games :p

my board is based on the AMD 690V Chipset..unlike the 690G, it lacks HDMI/DVI-SUB !

I just play GTA SA or some racing game when i'm bored to death..that too at the lowest/medium settings ! so don't really care..

thetoxicmind said:
1. Is it BETTER than the Samsung & Lg LCDs i've listed ??
2. Difference b/w SE198WFP & E198WFP ?
3. I know someone really close whose friend works at DELL,so i think i could get a decent discount! maybe get a 12k lcd for 10k ;)
4. Does the 1908WFP have a better screen quality than the std. SE198WFP & E198WFP ??? if that's the case i don't mind having the extra usb ports..

1. Should be; Yes; Seens a lot of 19"ers and my pick'd be the E198WFP;

2. The typical Dell split stand and the looks department;

3. Good then; Go ahead;

4. Nope all are 8bit TN panels so color gamut is the same; the 4 USB ports + the tilt/swivel/height adjustment stand may be worth it; :)

Back