Car & Bike new addition to my car

bottle

Caffeine Addict
Staff member
Super Mod
latest addition in my quest to scare the lorry drivers.. a lorry horn :eek:hyeah: wasnt as loud as i was expecting though :(

its a stebel nautilus

1414a005dcf28ea5.jpg

linuxtechie said:
I hope it sounds against your ear all the time :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Another noise pollution... :(
~LT

47Shailesh said:
:no: noise pollution dude , get rid of it, not good for anyone

so i gather you wont approve of my plans of getting another more powerful one powered by its own 12v battery :(

anyways this is a secondary horn for the highways where it wont be disturbing any towns or cities

i seen some real goons using sch horns and grin like El Cheapos

Sorry bottle.. :no:

but if not intended to be used in the city, then it can be fun on the highway maybe.

^ same place where you got your ice done :p

Spacescreamer said:
but if not intended to be used in the city, then it can be fun on the highway maybe.

and its not for fun , while on the highways its better to have a low frequency horn which isnt too loud but travels further , otherwise you have people from small towns using the NH's as their front yard

bottle said:
so i gather you wont approve of my plans of getting another more powerful one powered by its own 12v battery :(

anyways this is a secondary horn for the highways where it wont be disturbing any towns or cities

I wont really advocate that as well, but thanks for not using it in the city. Its loud even on my office's punny computer inbuilt speakers!

~LT

^It is for other's safety. @ 200kmph he better have such horn :p.

bottle, borrow those speaker which are used by the cops using which you can shout at others sitting in the car :D. It'll be fun :D

Bottle sir- is that a pressure horn?
any links?
I have seen Stebel ones but ones with long red pipes.
These things are pretty directional too- so one better aim the 'bhhopu' to the front. :p
Those horns can sap the battery fast- I hope you have fitted it via a cutout/cutoff/relay.
They also sound cripser with a cutout/relay switch.
They also sound lower in cars as inside the bonnet- Some fit theirs behind the bumper or somewhere iirc.

Also use thick 16A wires and try to get the clips soldered to the wire apart from crimping and maybe solder the clips to the contact tabs on the horn.
Most horns come with really sub-standard wires and that may cause the o/p to drop and sudden horn failure due to a broken/burnt wire.

DP- ^Megaphone? :p

I had 2 horns too with a toggle switch- on all my bikes.
The stock Minda single one for city- peep peep. :p
A pair of Hella Hi+Lo for the highway- sealed ,water proof- found in mercs.
One soft press at a blind turn or from the shadow of the vehicle am overtaking and all incoming ones would make way.
And i have always overtaken from the right. :)
Coupled with the 100W headlight at night, people maybe assumed me as a gypsy with one headlight 'ON' from afar and made way for sure. :devil2:

One great moment was when one Honda city i had honked and overtaken caught up with me at a bottleneck on the highway and asked me what horns. :p
And that a bike's sounded louder was a greater sorrow
Told him the usual stuff and that they will obviously sound lower when inside the bonnet.
He got the Hellas and did the 'stand 10ft in front of the car and get someone to honk' test and was a much happier person. :p

But i rarely used them, only when necessary.
It's good to deter jaywalkers from attempting to cross when the signal is green for you and one is ripping through.
Loud exhausts also help a lot. :p

I love this line i read a long long time back- "Loud pipes save lives". :hap2:

BIKeINSTEIN said:
Bottle sir- is that a pressure horn?
any links?
I have seen Stebel ones but ones with long red pipes.
These things are pretty directional too- so one better aim the 'bhhopu' to the front. :p
Those horns can sap the battery fast- I hope you have fitted it via a cutout/cutoff/relay.
They also sound cripser with a cutout/relay switch.
They also sound lower in cars as inside the bonnet- Some fit theirs behind the bumper or somewhere iirc.

Also use thick 16A wires and try to get the clips soldered to the wire apart from crimping and maybe solder the clips to the contact tabs on the horn.
Most horns come with really sub-standard wires and that may cause the o/p to drop and sudden horn failure due to a broken/burnt wire.
You can find it here STEBEL S.p.a. click products then the pic of the car and then nautilus series

Fitted with a relay but I cant seem to convince my installer to use proper wires.Its mounted face down since the instructions specifically said to install it that way

SunnyBoi said:
nice one :p next tiem get your horns from here :p Train Horns & Train Horn Kits By HornBlasters hehe

I thought of getting those ship horns on the stebel site and mount it on my bonnet
cool.gif

Back