New Android 12K

I am looking to buy a mid-end android. My requirements are that it should have good service. Atleast 800mhz proc 512MB ram

1. Q: Budget?
A: 12K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A:Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I dislike samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 3.2 is enough

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Only android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, wifi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: lots of apps

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Motorola Fire Xt
I din't like ACE as its has just 256MB ram. HTC explorer and wildfire S has 600mhz proc. I din't like looks of defy and I also think that fire will run at better speed due to lower resolution(I will not overclock)

satan194p said:
But Fire XT has bigger screen, better cam and better looks. After google's acquisition I expect quicker android updates from moto

Motorola and Google ..The Droid RAZR was released few hours before ICS announcements, that was the worst time for motorola to release a new device..as the design for new android phones would be with no physical button.
I doubt you would see any advantage for Motorola for the next 6-7 months, Google has assured all other android manufacturers they wont favor motorola.

And the Motorola Fire has same proc like the Samsung Ace..Motorola FIRE XT vs. Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - GSMArena.com
You do get the extra RAM with Fire but its a ARM v6 proc incapable of rendering flash content.

Now compare the fire to Defy here and see the difference - Motorola FIRE XT vs. Motorola DEFY - GSMArena.com

The defy is capable of rendering Flash and the processor is more than powerful to drive the higher resolution display.

Based on spec sheet, nothing comes close to Motorola Defy's VFM

Increase your budget a little bit and go for the Motorla Defy ~ 13.5k. Its the best balanced Android phone in this budget range. It has a Cortex A8 core and PowerVR SGX 530 GPU which is miles ahead of the MSM7227+Adreno 200 combo in the Ace, Optimus net and Fire XT.

I know that Defy is better option but my budget is strictly 12k and I will purchase from flipkart(14.5k) or store like croma(15k).

If we leave defy what is the next best android in this range?

The slight bump up in your budget will improve usability a lot and the phone will last you longer. I would strongly suggest you increase your budget a little and go for the Defy.

In your budget you are better off with a Dell XCD35 ~ 8k than any other phone as it has a much superior resolution than others in that range. But the stock ROM is laggy and you would have to install CM 7.1 to make it snappy.

I definitely won't go for Spice. I know it has best specs but too many people are facing too many problems.

Might go for XCD 35. I will save 4k. But 600mhz proc will run fine at that resolution with custom roms?

I won't game but will definitely install lots of apps. I am also worried about android updates. New phones like fire XT will definitely get official ICS update. Will there be custom roms of ICS for xcd 35.

^Where did you get the info that XT will get ICS! Moto is the worst when it comes to Android updates. many of their phones like Charm are still stuck in Eclair and even the Defy hasnt got official GB till now! Though things might get better now that Moto has been acquired by Google. But there is no surety unless its officially announced.

The Dell XCD35 aka ZTE Blade runs smoothly once CM7 is installed (ie., GB) and it might most probably get ICS via Cyanogen mod. It has more chances of getting ICS than the XT.

The Spice has a lot of h.w niggles and with the SE Neo V now intorduced for ~15.5k in adexmart the Mi410 is overpriced now. The SE Xperia Mini has some hardware issues. Else its an excellent choice for ~11.4k if it has been addressed in the newer batches(From letsbuy)

IMO its XCD 35~7.5k(letsbuy) or straight away to a Defy~13.8k/Galaxy SL i9003 or SE Neo V ~15.5k-16k. No other phone in between these are worth the price considering their specs (Other than the SE Xperia Mini and Mini Pro)

Increae your budget by ~2k by reducing other diwali expenditures and go for the Defy. ;) Anyways you call in the end.

Google has said that technically all devices running Android 2.3 or higher are eligible for getting the ICS update.

Just forgot that it depends on manufacturers also to release the update. SE already announced that Xperia X10 won't get any more updates which is running 2.3.3 at the moment so it all depends on manufacturers.

Can anyone confirm that problems existing with xperia mini has been rectified in newer batches? Phone will literally fly with 1ghz and adreno 205gpu at that resolution. Only downside for me is screensize. I will check out in croma if that screen size will be enough for me

DarkAngel said:
Increase your budget a little bit and go for the Motorla Defy ~ 13.5k. Its the best balanced Android phone in this budget range. It has a Cortex A8 core and PowerVR SGX 530 GPU which is miles ahead of the MSM7227+Adreno 200 combo in the Ace, Optimus net and Fire XT.

Where? LB has it at 14.7 and 14.5 in FK.

Back