New Android for sis within 15k

Roxtin

Skilled
Looking forward to gift a new droid to my sis as she lost her Mi-300 yesterday budget 15k

1. Q: Budget?
A: 15k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT/SLCD/Amoled

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: NO Micromax/Lava

5. Q: Preferred input method?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Require a good camera with Flash ~5MP+

7. Q: Preferred operating system?
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Multimedia and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Scratch Resistant/Gorilla Glass & Good Proccy

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Xperia U (but 4GB user space and no mem card is a downer also have heard complains regarding it lagging with ICS rom though not sure how true it is)

HTC One V was up on superdeal@homeshop18 for 15.5K. It would have been a good bang for buck. Bought it for my GF and well she's loving it. And she loves using instagram on it. Camera is quite good. It looks quite edgy too. (Benty edgy types :p)

But other phone you can consider is Xperia Sola from ebay for 13.5K or Xperia P for 16K.

HTC One V was up on superdeal@homeshop18 for 15.5K. It would have been a good bang for buck. Bought it for my GF and well she's loving it. And she loves using instagram on it. Camera is quite good. It looks quite edgy too. (Benty edgy types :p)

But other phone you can consider is Xperia Sola from ebay for 13.5K or Xperia P for 16K.

Do mention that the Sola @ 13.5k and the Xperia P @ 16k are without warranty!

Sony Xperia J. It has slightly better specs as compared to HTC One V and is similarly priced. Looks good too.

Errr... No. The Xperia J has a Cortex A5 1GHz which doesnt support HD playback and recording whereas the One V has a Cortex A8+ Adreno 205 which supports HD playback and recording.

The One V is a much better buy than the Xperia J.

She felt Xperia U screen is smaller and as I already have a One V I got her a Lumia 710. Got Lumia 710 for 14,800/- along with the Diwali offer of Free BH111 Bluetooth Headsets Free.

Back