New Cabinet has 2x 3.0 front USB ports, but motherboard only supports 2.0. How to make this work ?

you cannot connect usb 3 front panel to usb 2 header on mobo as they both are different.

if you need more usb ports buy something like this on amazon or any other place

CABLESETC 4 Port USB 2.0 Female Host Bracket to Dual 9P Motherboard Header Extension Cable​

or try this one

Yes those would work but you would get only USB 2.0 speeds since they are just converter cables. Alternatively if you have free PCIe slots, then you could try to use something like these -
You will need to check for compatibility with your board though.

Yes those would work but you would get only USB 2.0 speeds since they are just converter cables. Alternatively if you have free PCIe slots, then you could try to use something like these -
You will need to check for compatibility with your board though.
its costly 2500rs....investing 2500 for h61 mobo its not worth but its upto OP

its costly 2500rs....investing 2500 for h61 mobo its not worth but its upto OP
That was meant to point out an option. Feel free to suggest cheaper cards.
you cannot connect usb 3 front panel to usb 2 header on mobo as they both are different.
You actually can with the adapter - the second link you posted or the links in OP. It will be USB2 speeds though.

Last edited:
Thanks for replies guys.
At present I am budget conscious and need to setup this PC for office applications and browsing only.
Will go for cheap connectors as mentioned in past 1.
2500 well be very costly for a 7000 motherboard, planning to use same for 2 to 3 years only.
No issues if speeds do down for 3.0 to 2.0 (what will be stored difference technically.?

Atleast can use front USB cables properly.

OP if I recall correctly H61 you posted has USB2 only. No USB3 or am I missing something
Yes, It has USB 2.X only
Internal I/O Connectors

1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x system fan header
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x speaker header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x chassis intrusion header
1 x Clear CMOS jumper

Back Panel Connectors

1 x PS/2 keyboard port
1 x PS/2 mouse port
1 x D-Sub port
1 x parallel port
1 x serial port
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks
High Speed 4 Port USB 3.0 PCI Express Controller Card Adapter Molex 4pin Power https://amzn.eu/d/3rSZeWQ
Rs. 699

You might not get those front ports to work, but atleast you'll have 4 usb3 rear ports to enjoy higher speeds
Thanks will consider this, but prefer using front panel USB 2.x ports (even if slow speeds)
As attaching any USB device at back is big pain, getting down and shifting PC back/forth, due to this most of times, I dont connect USB devices.
Front panel, is quite quick. (technically what is difference in speed USB 2.x VS USB 3.X ? )
If I have to copy around 5 GB of data from mobile to PC or vice-versa ?

At present using the old motherboard, which has onboard USB 3.0 will use this topic as a reference, in case I change to new motherboard.
Thank You very much :)

I think this solves your problem at just Rs. 200

41O5JSAntKL.jpg

Edit: I didn't notice you already know about these. Ignore.

Back