OC & Modding NEW Case Build

rakesh_sharma23

Do It Yourself
Adept
Project Log.
Hi I am back with a new Case Build. This one is also transparent and Watercooled case as my earlier case.
Have look on my earlier case…
http://www.techenclave.com/overclocking-n-modding/modding-update-homemade-w-c-kit-143788.html

This time my case will be smaller in size and I think some what better planed.
Below is the basic design I am starting from…
214z7eo.jpg

Starting with getting Acrylic sheets cut in basic shape,,,detail cutting will be done accordingly.
It’s 8mm thick and heat polishable.
2d0cr35.jpg

Now let’s get started:-
noy6g4.jpg

mt7e34.jpg

2crq8o0.jpg

2jch6pv.jpg

Got cuts for psu fan, power pin and mobo back panel.
2igixdc.jpg

19o310.jpg

Thanks for watching.. will be updating more……
Please suggest a Name for the project.

ooo, looks nice :cool:

Is that a custom made PSU? on that CM 600w PSB you got from the kabadhi wala?

Yaap it's the same burned CM 600 PSU... I tested it for whole two weeks in a file server running (i7 based, 6gb DDR3, 8 HDDs, HD4650Gfx, HAF-932 with all fans ). 24/7 no issue at all... So now i can use it..

rakesh_sharma23 said:
Yaap it's the same burned CM 600 PSU... I tested it for whole two weeks in a file server running (i7 based, 6gb DDR3, 8 HDDs, HD4650Gfx, HAF-932 with all fans ). 24/7 no issue at all... So now i can use it..

Good you tested it thoroughly. Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Date:- 20th Jan 2010

Some item update.

1. Got front USB + Audio pcb..

2. Got a Nice heating coil from accidental Honda City.. It is very goot quailty and have very fine fins... looks cool ..

mtqltu.jpg

swastikrj said:
awesome

brilliant man

teach me also yaar how to do all this

Thanks for considering me for this honor....

My project is fully DIY project.... Best teacher for diy is one self only and his desire to do some thing...

If you want to learn modding then start modding........

UPDATE:- 22 Jan 2010
Went for some shoping last evening..

Got my self a handy flame torch for welding copper tubes to the rad and heat polishing the acrylic sheet. Some copper tube and bends, Front panel wiring for a local computer shop.

2vd4tup.jpg

Heat core size is 180mm X 120m X 25mm and weights only 225g, made up of aluminium alloy.

Can give only about an hours for modding during weekdays... but sunday is my day.... hope monday's update will impress any sponsor.
Thanks to all for reading and for your replies..

@Rakesh:

Just read your thread on your first build... "who are you man"..???

All of this is really impressive. You have great knowledge about computer hardware, material(s) fabrication, electronic circuits, programing, and WOW...what innovation. Keep it up. Will follow this thread. Thanks for sharing this. Really great.

Wow! Awesome! I remember going through your last thread. There was also a DIY fan controller thread somewhere if I remember correctly. Anyway, great effort man! :)

This is awesome! ..

Went through your older DIY threads too !.. .this is really great work .. and the speakers too..

Repped! ..

Best of luck with your current DIY .. will watch out for this thread ..

UPDATE :- 25 Jan 2010
I am back with new updates.
Saturday evening I went shopping for Power Button, after 2 hours hunt I final got a nice blue color power switch.

After dinner I started moding the rad. Earlier rad was like this:
21km3hg.jpg

Working till 1 made it like this…Now it can be easily fit on my case.
339jepu.jpg

a9wfns.jpg

Sunday Morning:
Had my breakfast till 7am, and went to a friend house. He is having a “Jigsawâ€. Usually he opens his shop till 11am..but today I made him open his shop at 8am… cool guy didn’t mid it.
Got some cutting:
2nqhdme.jpg

29an9l.jpg

25f4qhc.jpg

Back to home.
Now it’s time to join the jigsaw puzzle.
First made the tray for the MOBO.
10mkc95.jpg

Let it join and see what’s the outcome…
fv8pyh.jpg

y2r2c.jpg

30xgydd.jpg

2ujqd77.jpg

2yo39kk.jpg

2iiwyut.jpg

9ad6xu.jpg

Now see how rad would look like..
34rzrdz.jpg

Added a two pole relay switch PCB to the PSU for AC pump. Relay tested, works super..
qxkz75.jpg

Let’s see how PSU looks inside the case…
10wphs5.jpg

Finally in evening went to scrap yard for 120mm fan grills.. And got two grills for an old Xerox machine..
Little rusty…but no worry I will paint them black.
Installed the power button , power and HDD LEDs.
Also front USB & headphone jack socket. Don’t like microphone pin in front so removed it.

There is something missing..Yes “Restart button.†I also removed it.. cos my naught 3.5years old daughter loves to press it whenever I am working on the PC. So no more naught Restarts.

nqdyy0.jpg

That’s all for this update… Hope you like it..
Thanks for looking.

Rakesh Sharma

rakesh amazing work man

im also working on making my own acrylic case so if its ok id like to ask a few questions

1) how do you bond or join the acrylic sheets together?

2) when u drill holes in the sheets how do you do it without cracking them??

3) do you use a dremel tool???

UPDATE:- 27th Jan 2010

Done some cable works for the PSU.
wlj87.jpg

Thanks.

moksh4u2 said:
rakesh amazing work man
im also working on making my own acrylic case so if its ok id like to ask a few questions
1) how do you bond or join the acrylic sheets together?
2) when u drill holes in the sheets how do you do it without cracking them??
3) do you use a dremel tool???

Thanks for asking.

I join Acrylic sheet using 2mm diameter wood screws.
For holes use small angular head 1.8mm drill bit, drillling with low rpm and water coolling the drillbit..(Use spong with water) It is very important to cool the drill bit cos it high temperature acrylic will melt resulting it will break the drillbit and you ends up with piece of drill bit inside the acrylic sheet.

My tools are standard electric drill machine and few fils.. that's it.

One suggestion. Acrylic sheet is costly. Better first sharp your skills by making a small acylic pencil holder, before going for full case build.
Exact measurement and proper planing is the key to success.

Best of luck.

Back