New Glass/New Lights

Re: New Glass

Good stuff Sahil. Just check for front/back focus issues with this lens... it is tack sharp, but some have this issue.

Nice buy sahil

But for 18k it should had VC

Byway Fah33m's 17mm-50mm for nikon has VC ? I am not sure but it was also at same price

Edit yeah 17mm-50mm for nikon has VC

So wht is cost for VC version...

Good stuff Sahil. Just check for front/back focus issues with this lens... it is tack sharp, but some have this issue.

Yep, the focal length ring is tad tight, but Brendon who was with me said its normal. The only issue is its counter clockwise against the clockwise what I am used to with the Canon. Yep and its sharp :)

Congrats! Where did you get it from? JJM/Foto Centre?

Nopes got it from Fort, from a shop called Central Camera. JJM quoted 21k for the same lens, they almost over quote for any piece of equipment these days..

Nice buy sahil

But for 18k it should had VC

Byway Fah33m's 17mm-50mm for nikon has VC ? I am not sure but it was also at same price

Edit yeah 17mm-50mm for nikon has VC

So wht is cost for VC version...

Faheem has the non VC version only. Infact he got it from the same shop, but I bargained a lil harder :) BTW the non VC version has better IQ, its sharper as well as vignetting issuing is much lower then VC version. In addition with an F stop at 2.8, the auto shutter speeds I get are quite high for hand shakes issues (in addition I am blessed with pretty steady hands, I take decent shots till shutter speeds of 1/20 in non IS lens). Oh and these lens are fast disappearing, I had to wait two weeks to get one. Soulfire infact got one of these for 17k some months back.. VC version is for 27k...

oh gr8

Central Camera very nice guys..I went there with my frd to pick his 550d....

i find there price much better...than others

Does any buy from JJM there are always quote more....

Post some shot from new lens.....

Aces170 said:
Yep, the focal length ring is tad tight, but Brendon who was with me said its normal. The only issue is its counter clockwise against the clockwise what I am used to with the Canon. Yep and its sharp :)

Nopes got it from Fort, from a shop called Central Camera. JJM quoted 21k for the same lens, they almost over quote for any piece of equipment these days..

Faheem has the non VC version only. Infact he got it from the same shop, but I bargained a lil harder :) BTW the non VC version has better IQ, its sharper as well as vignetting issuing is much lower then VC version. In addition with an F stop at 2.8, the auto shutter speeds I get are quite high for hand shakes issues (in addition I am blessed with pretty steady hands, I take decent shots till shutter speeds of 1/20 in non IS lens). Oh and these lens are fast disappearing, I had to wait two weeks to get one. Soulfire infact got one of these for 17k some months back.. VC version is for 27k...

No, I mean this back/front focus : Luminous landscape

^^ Hmm havent really had a chance to look. Will need to test the lens extensively, the article mentions generally the manufacturers dont accept such problems..

Back