Monitors New hardware needed to take advantage of new monitor?

amitmk

Adept
Hi

I was reading reviews of the Dell S2009W LCD monitor. Some people have written that additional hardware needs to be purchased to actually get a sharper output and better colors.

I'm pasting one of the reviews below.

Review:
I was very excited about the price of this monitor and read existing reviews. Unfortunately, in order to achieve the 1600 x 900 resolution, I have to purchase an additional graphics adapter. The purchase of this additional hardware adds an extra $100 to the cost of the monitor -- something to think about before you purchase the monitor.

Is this true??? Will I also need to buy additional hardware to really take advantage of the new LCD monitor I plan to buy. My PC specs are mentioned in my signature below.

Thanks

Those are probably user impressions and not reviews. Just like the ones found on e-tailer sites such as Amazon and Newegg. Don't bother. So long as the LCD is fed with an input through the DVI interface and the LCD is calibrated well, you should experience a good PQ.

PS: Your G31 motherboard doesn't have a DVI output but VGA. If you have a graphics card which could output the display through DVI, you should get a considerably better PQ compared to the VGA input.

The reviewer meant to say that if you play games and want to use the native resolution of the moniter for playing then you need a better graphic card.

You can go ahead and buy the monitor no need for any other hardware.

Back