Storage Solutions New HDD file copying problem

I bought a new 1TB WD Green with an external HDD connector. I tried formatting it to FAT32 for PS3 usage. Files copied initially, but the transfer speed was so low. I thought it was because of the partitioning and did a NTFS partitioning once again. Now I am unable to copy any files larger than 400 MB. Whenever I do so, this following imgur: the simple image sharer message pops up and the HDD disappears from explorer. Then once I click on scan and fix error the hDD pops up.

This is quite frustrating and I'm pretty sure that in my efforts of googling, I'm messing up the HDD even more. Looking for help.

It should be the same as the scan and fix option that you are getting on the popup. Nevertheless, run it from the command prompt once. You might need to open the command prompt in adminstrator mode

That's going to take some time to finish.

Since here you have posted that you are facing an issue with the file named 21, just try this command

sfc /scanfile=<drive:\path\to\file>

Not restricted to that file. I just reformatted it to NTFS again and it copied the file. Took 12 minutes for a 700MB file. The scanfile is still running as of now. Will try the command next.

Edit: It completed just now and is saying that there are no integrity violations. When I tried the above command, I'm getting a syntax error.

Back