New here. Need guidance

BabaMuni

Disciple
Hello everyone, Im new here and god knows how i missed such an awesome selling/buying forum so far. Anyhow I came across a thread for a laptop sale of high value. Been in touch with the seller and he has been giving all needed information. Has good feedback levels too. We are quite far away so checking in person is not practically possible. How do I go about this deal given the enormity of the amount Im a bit cautious as Ive been burnt before in an online deal albiet a smaller amount . Is there a 'adming method' here like how they do in some FB groups where we have a intermediary for a smoother deal. The FAQ suggest -provide reference of a reputed TE member- is that a viable strategy??

welcome to TE Community.

not sure about intermediary on FB groups. no one can take such responsibility at online communities.
trade ratings & fellow members comments can help in our assumptions about the quality / nature ...

you can ask for live demo & live packing and seller might oblige

Hi @BabaMuni Welcome to Techenclave, hope you enjoy it here
Unfortunately there is no "admin" method that you are asking here. This has been discussed in various different threads before but simply put, the admins of this forum do not want to be responsible for any deals that occur here and rightly so. Some times some sellers will allow for part payment or so but this is not compulsory and really depends on the seller.
In the end the classifieds are more or less pure trust with the buyer and the seller. If any problem occurs during the deal then the admins will absolutely do their best to help but there are no guarantees here that a person may or may not be genuine aside from their feedback.

^ well, package opening needs to be video recorded in front of a neighbor so that a case can be filed if required ...

Back