Monitors new lcd- please help i m so confused!!!

MohitPreet

Skilled
please help me guys i want to buy a new lcd. i dont know which to buy

there so many discussions going on abt this . but i really need ur help

i want may be a 19 inch or a 22 inch, dont know exactly

but i want which can be easily compatible with my motherboard so dat i m able to get good color reproduction.

my processor is amd sempron 2400+ 1.67 ghz with 512 mb ram

and my motherboard is:

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - 7VM400M-RZ

GIGABYTE - Product - Motherboard - Overview - 7VM400M-RZ

Current display type is LG CRT 15" and display resolution which i m using is 1024*768 ...

don know whether the current onboard graphics supports wide resolutions which wud be required for the new 19 inch or 22 inch lcd's

i listed out the following 4:

1.BENQ E2200HD-BenQ India - Computing

2.BENQ T2200HD -BenQ India - Computing

3.DELL 2208WFP

4.DELL 2209WA-EIPS

or tell me any other which wud be good for my configuration

BUDGET IS NOT A CONCERN HERE!!!

BUT I SHUD WORK PROPERLY WITH FULL COLORS ON MY CONIFGURATION.

I M NOT A GAMING PERSON

BUT I LL BE USING IT MAINLY FOR WATCHING MOVIES

SO PLEASE HELP ME GUYS

I M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU PEOPLE TO GUIDE ME IN BUYING A NEW LCD

GOD BLESS!!!!!

Gunman said:
Please serve us by posting your budget as well! :p

budget is not a concern here

i even ready to buy dell 2209 wa if it works on my configuration dats priced at 19k i think so

but i dont wont bigger than 22 inch no 24 inches please

anyways i m a doctor by profession and doctors serve humanity dont they

as u are into movies ( i sense HD) and not into gaming
get the BENQ E2200HD - Full HD

or if u want 24" - get the Dell model, see the diff models in Hot Deals sections, choose which one would be better for u

no 24 inches

i had also thought of benq E2200HD

PROVIDED IT WORKS NICELY WITH THE COFIGUARTION OF MY PC DAT I HAVE LISTED

SO PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE I CANT DECIDE

this benq has native HD resolution of 1920*1080
What is your motherboard and the onboard graphics it supports

You would ideally need a discrete graphics card for your system to support that resolution
Get a cheap 7600GT atleast, provided your Mobo has a PCI-E slot
If its AGP, then good luck, maybe search in market

The 2209WA will definitely have more vibrant colors simply because of the technology it uses. Its viewing angles are also very good. In most LCDs the colors degrade and sometimes picture looks like its negetive when looked from slightly to the side or from above or below. In this case 2209WA wins.

It does not have Full HD and so you will have to watch HD movies with black bars on top and bottom. But overall image and color reproduction will be very good.

junkiedogg said:
The 2209WA will definitely have more vibrant colors simply because of the technology it uses. Its viewing angles are also very good. In most LCDs the colors degrade and sometimes picture looks like its negetive when looked from slightly to the side or from above or below. In this case 2209WA wins.

It does not have Full HD and so you will have to watch HD movies with black bars on top and bottom. But overall image and color reproduction will be very good.

shud i go for t2200hd
or dell s2208wfp
both r full hd i guess

Well, i got the Samsung 2233SW full HD a few days back and it's awesome for the movies...Even the viewing angle, whether i sleep on bed and watch or sit infront of my comp, there's not much difference...:eek:hyeah:

And ooohhh the colors are just perfect...However not aware of the Dell(19k) but this is just unbeatable at 10.3k. :eek:hyeah:

Via KM400 supports max 16xx resolutions as far as i know...But u'll have to google regarding the max res supported....If it is not full HD res, better don't upgrade ur monitor...
Get a card and then upgrade...:)

I would suggest that u check what your onboard GFX support, as the one you have is VIA UniChrome. Which might not support those 16:9 or 16:10 resolution, And also your board has a AGP slot so happy hunting.............

Sir i think u need to buy a graphics card to get full benefit of a big monitor..
the unichrome graphics card has hardly any meat on it... :food7:
there will be a few deals given by the members in the arketr section for agp cards..
Though it makes no sense to buy a new agp card.... if you are unsure of second hand cards then ati has its previous generation 3850 cards in agp connection..like this..
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100228L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
i guess a few dealers like mediahome may have these in their inventory...
but if u ask me with a gun to my head i will ask you to buy a second hand one and then buy the dell 24inch eips panel....
though its costly and way out of your required size this baby has the best colour reproduction and will also last you even if u upgrade ur comp later...
just what the doctor ordered for the best movie experience..:rofl: :rofl:
lol no offence jus kiddin:cool2: :cool2:

Joel Toms said:
Sir i think u need to buy a graphics card to get full benefit of a big monitor..
the unichrome graphics card has hardly any meat on it... :food7:
there will be a few deals given by the members in the arketr section for agp cards..
Though it makes no sense to buy a new agp card.... if you are unsure of second hand cards then ati has its previous generation 3850 cards in agp connection..like this..
Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100228L Radeon HD 3850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
i guess a few dealers like mediahome may have these in their inventory...
but if u ask me with a gun to my head i will ask you to buy a second hand one and then buy the dell 24inch eips panel....
though its costly and way out of your required size this baby has the best colour reproduction and will also last you even if u upgrade ur comp later...
just what the doctor ordered for the best movie experience..:rofl: :rofl:
lol no offence jus kiddin:cool2: :cool2:

thanks a lot for u sincere reply

Back