Budget 41-50k New Pc Build Need Advice

Pratham

Recruit
Questions

1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Building a new PC

1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
Building a new PC

1. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine-tuning your requirement.
    • CPU – Looking for AMD
    • No, we will not upgrade for 1 year.
    • SMPS – 650 Watts
    • Cabinet – Need Suggestion
    • RAM – 16BG
  2. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• Open to online purchase
  1. Would you consider buying second-hand hardware from the TE market
    • Yes
  2. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Desktop Processing
    • Programming
    • Online Classes
    • Watching Online Videos
  3. Do you have any brand preferences or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Don’t Have Any suggestions as I am new to building a PC.
  4. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy – Minecraft, Roblox
    • Shooting – Free Fire
  5. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
  6. No Idea About That
  1. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  2. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows

This isn't the best time to build a PC (shortages everywhere have jacked up prices of almost all components, and GPUs think they're SpaceX Falcons, they're in geostationary orbit).
However, if you do need one (rather than just wanting one), here's what I would suggest:

Of the 50k total Budget, first of all decide fix the compulsories:
1. Cabinet (approx 3k)
2. Power Supply (approx 5k)
3. Storage (256 GB SSD + 2TB HDD would be a nice combo in my opinion - can fine tune it as per requirements). (approx. 3k+5k)
4. Keyboard + Mouse (~1k)
5. UPS 650 to 800VA should do the trick. (~2k)
(here I am considering that a mionitor is available. If a monitor too has to be fit into the 50k Budget, then things might get a bit tight)

The above items would eat up about 20K, give or take. That leaves 30K for the main machine - RAM + CPU + Proccy
For DDR 4 Ram, 16GiB kit, the best price I could find was ~7K

The lowest available APU is the 3400G, ~ 15K at MDcomputers and little more at PrimeABGB

That leaves about 8K for the motherboard.
Suggest to get a B450 based one:

However, if you can stretch the budget by ~3K you can get a nice newer gen 6 core AM4 4650G. Way better processor, Zen-2 based.

The above configuration, especially if you select the newer gen APU, should run you very well, and do reasonable gaming too. All this while you wait for the GPUs to end their moonwalks and get back to earth.

Last edited:
I agree with psycho_mccrazy , this isint a time to build a new pc , prices of almost every thing is bad ,
However you have a very healthy budget considering your intented usage , minecraft and emulator are not that difficult to run
Your build and the parts which you chose yourself (650watt smps) tellme me that u want to frequently upgrade your unit...
So I wud suggest you 2 scenario options
Option 1 --
Going with b550 motherboard , it'll give to maximum upgradablity but that's pricey and supported apu also are not very cheap , . For eg r3 4350g is for 12k and a good b550 is around 9-10k
Option 2--
Consider this option only if u will play emulator/minecraft /roblox
You can build your pc around a320 and r3 2200g
Your suggested cpu upgrade will be maximum r3 3300x/r5 3500 . These being more than enuf for your usage
You can buy a good a320 for about 4.5k and r3 2200g for around 10k
This build will give a good upgradablity with good performance according to your requirements
I would not suggest r3 3200g cuz it's only about 5% better than r3 2200g with same gpu power but priced too much higher
Look out for r3 2200g used deals , I saw one on OLX for 6k recently (5k if u bargain). This build will also let you buy better peripherals..
Ps- b550 doesn't support 2nd and 3rdgen apu

Last edited:
If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
  • Strategy – Minecraft, Roblox
  • Shooting – Free Fire
How open are you to buying a gaming laptop? Because building a PC at this point in time is like throwing your money down the drain. You'll not get your money's worth at all (unless you're mining).

At least buying a 50K gaming laptop will yield you a GTX 1650. A normal GTX 1650 in today's market costs over 25K INR. And for the games that you'll be playing, a GTX 1650 should be enough.
After maybe one year, when the market stabilises, you can sell off the laptop and get a real gaming PC.

How open are you to buying a gaming laptop? Because building a PC at this point in time is like throwing your money down the drain. You'll not get your money's worth at all (unless you're mining).

At least buying a 50K gaming laptop will yield you a GTX 1650. A normal GTX 1650 in today's market costs over 25K INR. And for the games that you'll be playing, a GTX 1650 should be enough.
After maybe one year, when the market stabilises, you can sell off the laptop and get a real gaming PC.
I was gonna suggest the same , but he wants upgradablity so I held back..
I also think buying a laptop makes more sense right now

Option 1 --
Going with b550 motherboard , it'll give to maximum upgradablity but that's pricey and supported apu also are not very cheap , . For eg r3 4350g is for 12k and a good b550 is around 9-10k
I agree that this is a better proposition considering the upgradability and newer gen APU / Chipset, but I couldn't find the 4350G in stock anywhere (it now seems to be available at MDComputers).
All the items that I posted above were in stock, at-least at the time of making the post.

Option 2--
Consider this option only if u will play emulator/minecraft /roblox
You can build your pc around a320 and r3 2200g
Your suggested cpu upgrade will be maximum r3 3300x/r5 3500 . These being more than enuf for your usage
You can buy a good a320 for about 4.5k and r3 2200g for around 10k
This build will give a good upgradablity with good performance according to your requirements
I would not suggest r3 3200g cuz it's only about 5% better than r3 2200g with same gpu power but priced too much higher
Look out for r3 2200g used deals , I saw one on OLX for 6k recently (5k if u bargain). This build will also let you buy better peripherals..
Ps- b550 doesn't support 2nd and 3rdgen apu
While this A320 + 2200G is an excellent value proposition (if found anywhere in stock), I would not recommend the A320 boards as they are built with extreme cost cutting and the VRMs / Power delivery would absolutely suck for any significant upgrade.

While the upgradability factor & full customization capability of a desktop platform are big draws, the bigger PLUS is the fact that in normal times, desktops offer more performance per buck spent. (I have done the math countless times...). However, currently, the only way to get a discrete graphics card and NOT go bankrupt is to go with gaming laptops, sadly.
DO keep in mind that the same graphics card model number often means different specifications on desktop and mobile, often with different shader counts, clocks, memory speeds and memory bus size - resulting in reduced performance to keep the heat and power consumption down.

Last edited:
While this A320 + 2200G is an excellent value proposition (if found anywhere in stock), I would not recommend the A320 boards as they are built with extreme cost cutting and the VRMs / Power delivery would absolutely suck for any significant upgrade.
I adviced a320 cuz it is adviced upto r33300x/r5 3500 which were more than nuf for his intented usage

I adviced a320 cuz it is adviced upto r33300x/r5 3500 which were more than nuf for his intented usage
I guess so. However, I have always believed in spending a little more on the Mobo than the basic ones, it is after all what can determine the longevity of the system by virtue of its quality and upgradability capability.
This is how I was able to upgrade from a 2200G to a 2700X - I used a mid-range B350 Mobo which was able to support it and is stable under full power draw of 120 Watts when Blender rendering, or mid loads when gaming for hours on end.

I guess so. However, I have always believed in spending a little more on the Mobo than the basic ones, it is after all what can determine the longevity of the system by virtue of its quality and upgradability capability.
This is how I was able to upgrade from a 2200G to a 2700X - I used a mid-range B350 Mobo which was able to support it and is stable under full power draw of 120 Watts when Blender rendering, or mid loads when gaming for hours on end.
Yup, can echo this sentiment - I bought a midrange board costing slightly more than the 2200G when I built my pc back in 2019, but that's also the reason why it is handling my decently overclocked 3600XT at 100W constant stress with ease when I upgraded it a few months ago.
But just to be clear, I'm not advocating buying a mobo more expensive than your CPU - just go for something that isn't the bare minimum. Not a bad idea to keep some headroom, especially for a motherboard.

Yup, can echo this sentiment - I bought a midrange board costing slightly more than the 2200G when I built my pc back in 2019, but that's also the reason why it is handling my decently overclocked 3600XT at 100W constant stress with ease when I upgraded it a few months ago.
But just to be clear, I'm not advocating buying a mobo more expensive than your CPU - just go for something that isn't the bare minimum. Not a bad idea to keep some headroom, especially for a motherboard.
Well if he had said he was gonna run blender or overclock his pc to play minecraft or roblox I wud never had adviced a320
I would also never have adviced a320 if he hadn't posted intented to use it for emulator

Back