New pc is taking longer to shutdown than to start up.

SpaceScraper

Disciple
It takes a good 1-2 mins when I click the shutdown button. Like just after I click it, it doesnt do anything, as if i didnt click anything at all, then after a min or 2 it goes to the blue screen. It starts up in seconds no issues. I tried to update windows but no new updates are available. What could be the issue?

Are you using ssd or hdd?

Try disable fast startup in windows control panel power option section?

This is assuming you don't have any background software running which is taking long time to close...

Are you using ssd or hdd?

Try disable fast startup in windows control panel power option section?

This is assuming you don't have any background software running which is taking long time to close...
SSD. And Ive already disabled fast startup. I closed all programs and tried that too. Except the ones in system tray. But that shouldnt matter as its the same apps as on my laptop, and it shutsdown without issues.

I faced a similar-ish issue but in the opposite scenario, where the shutdowns were fantastic, but the start up time was quite high. In my case it ended up being an app performing excessive read/write ops to load everything while booting. Try to graph your IO usage when you click shutdown and see if that's what's keeping your system awake?
How do I check that?

It takes a good 1-2 mins when I click the shutdown button. Like just after I click it, it doesnt do anything, as if i didnt click anything at all, then after a min or 2 it goes to the blue screen. It starts up in seconds no issues. I tried to update windows but no new updates are available. What could be the issue?
Did you try updating the chipset and audio drivers? It helped when I did that.

Try running:
1. DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
2. sfc/scannow
in cmd with admin privileges, this issue could be due to corrupted Windows.

Pull the ethernet plug and try. If its an internet service or something then it might be holding up shutdown. I have been doing this since windows Vista. If windows or something is using the internet then target apps and softwares accordingly for diagnosis.

Back