PC Peripherals New PC Needed - 75k - Require Suggestions

thanks i just opened my case and i saw two PCIe slot in my motherboard.Then i checked the box the motherboard came with,but there is no connecting bridge chip or smth in it ?

I just get to read this,

The P5K has two PCI Express x16 slots, the blue one is routed to the northbridge’s 16 lanes and is at full speed all the time, the second slot coloured black runs off the southbridge at x4 speeds. While this isn’t the most ideal configuration for a balanced Crossfire setup, it works and if you want to run say two X1950s in Crossfire it’s perfect

does this mean P5K has lesser performing crossfire technology? x16 + x4 ?

BTW, would 2 8800GTs in SLI be cheaper than 4850s in crossfire? I need to bring the price down, please suggest some cost cutting. Also, could someone tell me how to buy from KMD?

Here's the config as it is right now:

Viewsonic VX2235 WM-5 - 12k (?)

Core 2 Quad Q6600 - 10k

Abit IX38 Quad GT - 11.5k

2 x Radeon 4850 - 26k (assuming a little extra)

WD 640GB HDD - 4.6k

2x2GB RAM - 4k

Logitech MX518 and Ultraflat keyboard - 2k

Coolermaster 690 - 4k

Corsair HX620 - 6.2k

Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 7 - 1.5k

Lite-On CD/DVD RW - 1.2k

TOTAL: Rs. 83,000

About the GPU again, would a single 4850 or 8800GT play all current games decently on a 22" monitor with this config? And how long can the production of the 4850 be expected to continue? I might even consider one card now and one later.

For Crossfire, do I need two of the exact same card? i.e. two Sapphire 4850s? Or can it be one from sapphire, one from XFX or something like that?

also, ati lets u pair up cards not only from diff manufacturers but also different chipsets.. you can go in for a 4850 now nd a 4870 later.. (the 70 will downclock to the 50's clock speeds then)

Deathdart said:
I'm on a limited budget man, already gone over with a 22" display :( I would love to get a 24" if someone's willing to donate :D
u can squeeze in a 24" TN panel trust me u wont regret.
BenQ G2400W or Dell E248WFP -18 to 19k.
But if you are getting only a 22" then no point getting two GPUs.

pm katmandude

give him a link to what you need from a us based online retailer such as newegg/amazon/bestbuy etc.

he will get back to you with a quotation. its generally 30% more than the listed US price and is inclusive of shipping from us to india plus duties and his cut.

do remember that in case of an issue, to avail warranty you will need to ship the card back to the states. kmd charges approximately 700 odd bucks for that.

Aand I would suggest you get the cooling stuff as well. Your choice of Thermalright Ultima 90i + penaflow 90mm is good. You will be punished in after life for the sin of not overclocking an intel Q6600 cpu or for that matter any intel c2d cpu in the market right now if you get one.

Hey I've pretty much decided my config now. Thanks a lot to everyone for your help :) does anyone have any idea about the release date of the ATi 4850 in India?

One last question: If I were to opt for SLI instead of Crossfire, any idea which nVidia mobos will be good for around 10-11k?

EDIT: I think the 680i LT and 750i based motherboards are within my budget... Which of these do you recommend? The 750i has one only PCIe x16 while the 680i has two, but the 750i has PCI Express 2.0 support. Which one would be better for 2 x 8800GT in SLI? Here's a list of specifications, but I don't really understand the differences: http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/35382/LC_NV_motherboards_INTEL_Mar08.pdf

Deathdart:- Best of luck for the "shopping" in Pune. I kissed my hopes of buying a rig goodbye when I saw the rates. I got my rig from Mumbai. Most of the rates that you would get on the forums are a little lower that what you get in Pune. So rather then getting them shipped you have no other choice. GFX and all is fine shipped. HDD and monitor I wont trust any courier guys with. So its all up to you now :)

@Deathdart

KMD stand for katmandude the world hardware delear :D u can get lcd or any thing

p.s go any site amazon or newegg copy and paste what u want and order it might cost ship change and tax ;) katmandude

Back