Budget 20-25K New Phone -- Budget 25k

Disciple
Hi
I want to gift my sis a new phone. My budget is 25k. Max. She would be using the phone for texting, browsing, lots of whatsapp, gaming and of course rooting and installing custom roms.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 25k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: AMOLED or TFT LCD
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: LG nbot preffered as they dont provide timely updates for Android
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 5MP or 8MP will do
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android and only Android
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Multimedia, Internet, mails, custom roms etc
10. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Xperia SP, GS3 ( Kinda confused between the two.)

Pl dont mention Nexus 4 as i have a Galaxy Nexus. Any other models fitting in this price bracket would also be considered.

Pl pour in your suggestions.

Ok those are two premium devices!
Pros of S3 over XSP :
Super AMOLED Screen makes the colors look vivid and gives you extreme levels of black. XSP screen colours are washed out
S3 is Quadcore Exynos with 1 GB vs XSP Dual core with 1GB of RAM
S3 camera is brilliant and has a LOT of tweaks available. XSP camera is OKish. I had an Xperia P and its camera was waaaaay better than SP!
S3 got the 4.2 update already while XSP still on 4.1
S3 has removable battery while the XSP has a non removable one.
S3 has a lot of dev support so custom roms will be easy to find and stable. The XSP is new and people are still working on it.
S3 will get the next Android version too. SP is yet to get 4.2
S3 has 1.9MP front camera vs XSP's VGA camera.

Pros of XSP over S3:
XSP has Adreno 320 GPU vs S3's Mali 400MP. The adreno 320 is slightly faster in games.
XSP has Mobile Bravia Engine 2 which makes picture and videos look very natural and life like.
XSP maybe dual core but the processors are clocked higher so everyday usage is good and almost lag free.
XSP has an awesome LED strip at the bottom which in one word is AMAZING to look at.

Both phones have their pro's and cons. So you need to decide which you want.Go for the XSP if you want a nice backpanel and a better UI. However it would be advisable to go for the S3 for its better dev support and removable battery and S-AMOLED screen. XSP has a superior keyboard but you can always get that as an apk. Also both phones have same-ish battery life. The XSP may have a bigger wattage but trust me when i say this, if you put an xperia on 3g it drains the battery way faster than s3!!

Hope this helped :)

I read the same abt these 2 devices on the net. But do u think XSP will get future updates considering SONY is famous for neglecting their devices when it comes to updates.
Any other suggestions apart from these 2 devices???? i cannot increase my budget beyond the 25k mark

Ehh SONY is famous for neglecting all f its devices so if patience is a not one of your key traits then avoid XSP. Apart from these at the 25k mark you can get a Galaxy Note, HTC One S or the Galaxy S2 plus. Another option would be to get the HTC One X. These are all you have at this price range in Android. Unless you are open to other brands like UMI and so on.

Was initially incline towards buying the Galaxy S4 Mini, But after seeing the launch price in UK dropped the idea. HTC One Mini might be costlier than 25k. I like teh HTC One X. But can i get a 32gb in 25k????

The Rupee @ 60 is going to make life miserable (if not already) across a lot of purchase decisions. Timing is key now, more than ever. Prices have already begun to fluctuate across portals and local markets

Got a XSP.... She liked the glowing strip in the XSP. Must say its a beast. Colours look washed out but mayeb they can be fixed with a software update. Cam is okayish. But everything else was butter-smooth.
Thanks guyz.
Mods plz close this thread

Back