New phone in a budget of 25-30k

Hey Guys,

I am thinking of buying a new phone. My only requirement is that I should be able to use Chat, Email, Text, Browse on phone easily. Multimedia Capabilities are not that much important :hap5: However I would love to have a Good primary cam and a secondary cam for video calling if possible. Battery life should also be good.

I am considering following phone in that order:

1. Blackberry Bold 3 9780 - Loved the QWERTY key board of my present BB Curve. Now real-time Facebook/Twitter updates in BB OS 6 is just awesome. Battery is very good. Goes 2 days in single charge. But absence of front camera and small screen is a deal breaker for me.

2. Sony Xperia Arc: Loved the sexy sleek design. Big screen, and a f/2.4 primary camera would be awesome (I guess). Only thing I'm worried about this phone is battery life and absence of physical keyboard.

3. HTC Incredible S: Well Sense UI is just awesome. Front camera is a plus. Although I've heard that primary cam is not good. I saw Desire HD and I observed too much sharpness in photos and colors were not reproduced correctly. Again battery life is a concern.

4. HTC Desire Z: Only good thing about this phone is QWERTY keyboard and Sense UI. Everything else is just so so. :huh:

Below is the template filled:

1. Q: Budget?
A: 25 to 30k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: No preference

3. Q: Preferred display type?

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Nokia and Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Require a descent camera with flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Blackberry 9780, SE Xperia Arc, Incredible S, Desire Z

So guys, pour in your suggestions. Thanks in advance :)

I don't understand why people think that Android is for Tech-geeks or technologically sound!! Google always made things for the general mass; simplicity is their USP. Android is very user friendly & anyone with the slightest knowledge of computers can use Android Phones. Despite of that I see people opting for Symbian thinking Android is a Rocket Science!!!

^^Definitely user friendly,but people do not buy android for that or the android market only.It is the extreme customizability that attracts.

Imagine all android phones coming with locked boot loaders,will you buy it?Probably not.Where is the fun when you cannot play with custom ROMs?And at that point android can be really complicated.Brick it once and then only you can appreciate how complicated it can be.

Nothing is really wrong with symbian when you are using your phone as a phone and many people(who have`more than slightest`of what you call `knowledge of computer`)prefer to keep it that way.

But even without Rooting, Android phones are really amazing & better than Symbian any day. If someone wants to use a Phone just as a phone then all the Android phones are equally good as Symbian, aren't they? I think the main reason is Nokia was once the top Mobile Manufacturer & the people are just scared to try new things.

Even today symbian still has better battery management,and they come much cheaper(except E7 which is ridiculously priced).

I have used hd2(on android) and desire for about a year and now use a lowly E5,but I am extremely satisfied with it.

I don`t have to check the battery every now and then and it gets all the basic jobs(calls,sms,mails)done easily and lasts for 3 days days without crying for charge.

I love android too,but yet to see a phone with great battery life(like ip4).Will definitely buy the SGS2 in a couple of months.BUT I still dont rely an android phones when it comes to battery.

Wait for the new iPhone 5. Then iPhone 4's price will be dropping by atleast 20%. Buy iPhone 4, factory unlocked (dont go for the locked ones. They are a pain everytime you upgrade). And dont forget to preserve you basebands/ shsh blobs regularly :D This is the best phone I ever had :)

And BTW.. you can buy a bluetooth keyboard which attaches itself to the iPhone 4 for 1.5k... in case you need a qwerty keyboard like Nokia N97. The app store has apps like skype, eBuddy and fb (too good app for mobile) for social networking and iOS 5 is going to have bbm like msging services as well. Push notifications as usual plus whatsapp is a messenger u can use like bbm across platforms (for ur friends using a bb, android or symbian as well). Do i need to tell you it is the best music playing device inbuilt too :p.. 5mpx camera when you are not carrying your DSLR as well on ur Fazer :p :p

[Mod]Post edited. Please refrain from using SMS Lingo in the future posts since its against the forum rules. [/mod]

Back