new phone under 15k

stavan_d

Disciple
i m looking for a phone under 15k for dad

his requirements are for a good touch screen phone are a big screen around 3.5", decent cam ~5mp, decent music player, also the phone should be good looking business type phone....

i know this question has been done to death on the forum but i still cant get the right answer.

the problem is he does not wanna get Motorola Defy cause he's worried about ASS.

he really likes Samsung Wave 2 S8530 which i dont like much cause of the BADA OS.

so the phones i m considering are Samsung Ace and HTC Salsa.

i request all the gurus on TE to help me with find the right phone of the 2 or any other.

thanks in advance

sd

In your price range i suggest the following
1) Samsung ace - Screen looks washed out.
2) Xperia Mini - Very good phone but screen is only 3 inches....has a 1ghz proccy though
3) Xperia Mini pro - same as Xperia Mini but with a keypad
4) Moto Defy :- Best of the Lot. Can be easily OC'ed to 1ghz.. Good community over at XDA... Regarding A.S.S nowadays no phone has a good re-sale value...Not even nokia..
5) Samsung Wave 2 :- Good phone... Brilliant screen resolution...

Go for the Defy eyes closed..Regrading A.S.S there are lots of Moto Defy owneres here in Tech Enclave.... pose a query and u'll get ur answer....:hap5:

The phones you have chosen are vastly different in price / Specs. HTC Sensation is a high-end android phone which retails for more than 27k in some online sites, whereas Samsung Ace is a low-mid range droid with price range 12-14k.

In your range - consider something like Motorola Defy (one of the best handsets in this category). I am not quite sure about the Ace though since I've heard a lot of complaints about it. You can also check in ebay for any cheap Samsung Galaxy SL. IMO that's still your best bet if you get a cheap one under 15k. Or else, go for Defy hands down.

Have you considered Xperia neo? Its also a good buy... with coupons it would cost you ~17k... otherwise Defy is best buy and its After SS is decent ...

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

@ChironX sorry... there was a mistake i got the names mixed up its HTC Salsa and not Sensation... the post has been edited...

@vheezay SE Xperia mini or mini pro are out cause of the small screen... and also cause dad wont be needing much processor power...

the big screen is required for some casual gaming as he spends a lot of time travelling.

@abhifusion Neo is out of budget.

can anyone tell me if Defy has 2.3 upgrade?? cause on the official Moto site it says its Android 2.1.

and also can any users provide the drawbacks of Bada OS over??

or a general comparison between Wave 2 and Defy??

thanks.

stavan_d said:
@ChironX sorry... there was a mistake i got the names mixed up its HTC Salsa and not Sensation... the post has been edited...

@vheezay SE Xperia mini or mini pro are out cause of the small screen... and also cause dad wont be needing much processor power...

the big screen is required for some casual gaming as he spends a lot of time travelling.

@abhifusion Neo is out of budget.

can anyone tell me if Defy has 2.3 upgrade?? cause on the official Moto site it says its Android 2.1.

and also can any users provide the drawbacks of Bada OS over??

or a general comparison between Wave 2 and Defy??

thanks.

wat about neo v, 17k @ letsbuy.

check comparison between wave 2 and defy :)

thanks everyone for their comments... but dad insisted on getting the Wave 2...

i must add that i m fairly impressed by the phone... the screen looks sharp... looks good... the touch is very nice... Bada needs a lil getting used to... but all in all a gr8 phone...

now wanna see what kinda apps can be installed...

there was some offer going on, so got it for 14.5k... including 2gb memory card... screen guard and a leather case.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

can any one help me out and tell me how to install apps without the store and if there are any good games available?

stavan_d said:
can any one help me out and tell me how to install apps without the store and if there are any good games available?

The Best and recommended way is buying from samsungapps on your Handset or downloading through Kies

But you should visit Samsung Wave Themes and Apps, there you will find lots of tweaks, themes and apps. Applist will help you in installing lots of Apps And Games.

Also, make sure you install Bada 2.0 as its going to be out in a couple of months, It is a major update and will bring in lots of enhancements.

Back