New Phone with 3G+qwerty+decent camera+music - 8k to 10 k

Hii guys i know there are too many threads for this but most of them suggesting LG O1 but it doesn't have a keypad which is my requirement and i do not need OS as such, it is coming then it's ok !! please suggest me something in this range

1. Q: Budget?
A: 8-10k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor (flip, bar, slider)?
A: No preference

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: No preference but good display quality with screen 2.6"+

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any brand

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: QWERTY+(touchscreen-not necessary)

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: 2 MP minimum +flash if possible

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: anything or not required as such

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G is must, (Wifi - if possible)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: multimedia and internet.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim but if its good deal then fine with dual sim as well..

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: sony x10 mini pro, samsung corby pro, samsung wave .... but i m open for suggestion as i said.....no brand preference !!

Bill and warranty if possible...!!
Guys my main use is going to be internet and music, as i already have a cdma mobile from my company to calling....bill paid by them :eek:hyeah:

so just want to have a another piece for surfing with good internet plans :)

Re: New Phone with 3G+qwerty+decsent camera+music - 8k to 10 k

Get the Nokia E5. Excellent bang for buck with all the features you want.

The screen size is slightly small at 2.4". But it is in landscape mode and shouldn't be an issue.

thanks for the reply friends !!

@Sanav3

how to get that 15% off coupon...does reliance give it for gsm mobile?? :huh:

and will the resolution affect the use of applications too?? :ashamed:

@nehaladsul

yup friend, actually was decided on that but only the screen size is holding me off !!

lets see if i can get better VFM !! :)

swapyworld said:

@Sanav3

@nehaladsul
yup friend, actually was decided on that but only the screen size is holding me off !!
Get it from flipkart for Rs.10,990 shipped. Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510 Price In India: Buy Samsung Galaxy 551 I5510: Price, Reviews: Flipkart Mobiles (Modern Black)
Flipkart shipping time and Customer care, tracking no etc are much better than lets buy

swapyworld said:

@Sanav3

@nehaladsul

Get details of reliance coupon from this link --> http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deals-and-discussions/reliance-15-off-2000-rs-off-186393.html

I havent used the 551, but it does hav a odd resolution and with some apps it might be a problem

And for "multimedia and internet" a samsung 551 is surely better than a Nokia E5 .. touchscreen + bigger screen for internet

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3515&idPhone2=3198

PS: Even I would recommend flipkart, as the difference is 500 bucks but peace of mind is more important. With letsbuy some people have their phone delieved under 24 hours and some have had long wait times.

what you guys think between Samsung Galaxy 551, corby pro B5310 and nokia C6??

screen resolution with both doesn't seem to be a problem as 7.11cm (2.8") TFT 240 x 320 for corby pro and 3.2" 640 x 360 (nHD Up to 16.7 million colours for C6!!

or this is the the best i can get....just making sure before i call it for !!

C6 has resistive touch screen...how much difference it makes between capacitive and resistive screen?

swapyworld said:
what you guys think about corby pro B5310??

screen resolution with both doesn't seem to be a problem as 7.11cm (2.8") TFT 240 x 320 !!

or this is the the best i can get....just making sure before i call it for !!
it has screen res lower than galaxy 551, and it doesnt have Android.. so you anyways wont have any expandibility with apps.

Any resolution below 320X480 is low for android, but 240X400 is better than 240X320 for browsing and videos.

The Nokia C6 has a better resolution, but the Symbian UI (it has the old version) is slow and not user friendly in comparison to any other OS. And I would surely prefer a capacitive over resistive screen

I would still recommend the Samsung galaxy 551 for QWERTY and LG O1 without QWERTY

The C6 has the old and boring Symbian Os and an outdated resistive touch screen.

Add to it, the slider mechanism on Nokia's has never been a strong point either.

The Galaxy 551, I've used for a whole day and let me tell you, you wont feel the low screen resolution or for that matter any issues with this phone. Only downside is the ram, but unless you wanna run 10 apps at once(not many do :p) the phone is totally a go go

mobile_user said:
You may also want to look at Samsung Galaxy Fit, though it is only touch screen, no QWERTY.
galaxy 551 has faster processor dude....667 Mhz compared to 600 Mhz....and i think ram is the same....if i am not wrong !!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

comp@ddict said:
The Galaxy 551, I've used for a whole day and let me tell you, you wont feel the low screen resolution or for that matter any issues with this phone. Only downside is the ram, but unless you wanna run 10 apps at once(not many do :p) the phone is totally a go go
like we can smoothly operate with document viewer+net+music at the same time....that is enough for me !!

by the way how much is the difference in ram betn 551 and lg O1....i can not find it for galaxy 551 on gsmarena though !!

if i am going for galaxy 551...because of the low resolution, which applications i won't be able to use ??

and guys i won't be using many applications at the same time...may be as i said....net+music+document viewer or games ....for that is 256 MB RAM sufficient?

and which among them is better if you consider music and camera as well??

swapyworld said:
and guys i won't be using many applications at the same time...may be as i said....net+music+document viewer or games ....for that is 256 MB RAM sufficient?
256MB is more than enough for your usage. But you can get the O1 if you have no issues with LG brand!! :p

nehaladsul said:
256MB is more than enough for your usage. But you can get the O1 if you have no issues with LG brand!! :p
i have had a bad exp with LG with their charging port and the only thing O1 missing is qwerty...so i think i need to handle these phones personally !!

thats why i was asking if i find LG good...then it comes to camera and music quality...which one is better??

BTW just checked LG O1 has 600 Mhz as compared to 667 of galaxy and double the ram....so performance wise LG O1 is good because of better ram right??

hey guys.....according to you...which one is better considering camera and music with performance?? as LG O1 has slower processor but more ram !!

sorry for too many question but i won't be going for any upgrade for may be atleast 2 years so just want to make a safe bet and trying not to be obsolete after sometime if the mobile is old ...say after a year !!

thanks for suggestions.... waiting for more [:D]

Back