devesh38

Adept
Bought the following from Delta peripherals on thursday.....:hap2:

Procyy : Core i5 2500k

Mobo : Asus P8P67 Pro

Ram : Corsair XMS3 4GBx1 1600MHz

Cabinet : Coolermaster HAF 912 Advanced

Optical Drive : Samsung Sata DVD+R/W 22x

was looking for Noctua NH-D14, but it wasnt available with the Delta and niether with the itdepot, will ordering one from PrimeAGBG as the shipping is free at the moment.....:D

I already had following components with me.....

PSU : Corsair VX550

GPU : Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870

HDD : Western Digital 640gb Blue (7200rpm)

Monitor : Viewsonic 17inch.......... will buy Dell U2311 next month......Now short on money.....:(

Mouse : Razer Deathadder

Headphone : Roccat Kave 5.1

So here are some pics ( pics taken from Samsung wave).....:-

Starting with the Proccy and Mobo

1znool2.jpg

Then comes the Cabinet

2e66ipl.jpg

213iru0.jpg

fp43ll.jpg

2nu0lg9.jpg

bwvo3.jpg

Accesories provided inside the Cardboard Box

2vcdnib.jpg

Mounted proccy on mobo and the Stock heatsink with fan

then mounted the mobo on the cabinet(thank god i had a screw driver at home........:p)

28jhag7.jpg

there are 3 fans viz.

1st: 200mm sucking air in from the front panel on to HDDs,

2nd: 200mm exhaust fan on the top panel throwing air out....

3rd: regular 100mm fan on the back panel throwing air out...

4th: one can add an extra fan on the side panel on the transparent window..

Then mounted the PSU, DVD drive, HDDs, GPU, made connections of mobo and cabinet also connected the USB 3.0 ports in front of the cabinet

mku4x1.jpg

I was able to route most of the cables to be connected from the behind the backplate, except the one which was to be connected to mobo on the top left corner. It fell short by just 3-5centimeters.......:mad::mad: will try to route it through some other way tonight.....

And finally the RIG came to Life........:hap2::hap2::clap::clap:

ib9ilk.jpg

Installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and some latest games I had just waiting to be played on this RIG, viz Crysis 2, NFS Shift 2 and also tried Call of Duty 7 Black ops

Some Screens,

NFS Shift 2 : the game was really lagging in my previous rig and was very difficult to control in my c2d + 4850 gpu rig....... but on this rig i was able to max out easily and the game was very smooth........

33p50s8.jpg

ndq88g.jpg

rlyuwz.jpg

Crysis 2 screens

2i0l8w.jpg

212eej5.jpg

wrz66v.jpg

Call of Duty 7 Black Ops From Steam

14cb31v.jpg

15x303s.jpg

2i6j97s.jpg

Finally things remaining to buy to complete the RIG are :

CPU cooler : Noctua NH-D14 for overclocking.........:)

Monitor : Dell U2311

Keyboard : Not yet decided

Cabinet Cooling : 100mm fan

Mighty congrats! :)

Basic rule when buying power supplies that are not modular - buy a packet of zip-ties! It holds good for the modular ones as well. :p

Awsome man... Those game screenies make me want to get sandy setup right now... but I'm holding out for the bulldozer.. just in case :D

Hey will it be possible to post close shots of the front cabbie fan? specifically the LED? I am thinking of changing the led's to some other color

Edit: Remove the plastic sheet from the side panel.. :D

Couple more things

1. How is the cabbie noise? Can you hear it on a room that's quiet late at night?

2. How are the fan filters? Are they fine grain like an AC filter or just plastic meshes with large holes? Pic would be great :)

vpraveenis said:
Awsome man... Those game screenies make me want to get sandy setup right now... but I'm holding out for the bulldozer.. just in case :D

Hey will it be possible to post close shots of the front cabbie fan? specifically the LED? I am thinking of changing the led's to some other color

Edit: Remove the plastic sheet from the side panel.. :D

Couple more things

1. How is the cabbie noise? Can you hear it on a room that's quiet late at night?

2. How are the fan filters? Are they fine grain like an AC filter or just plastic meshes with large holes? Pic would be great :)
thanks..... even i want to play these games very much but have job which keeps me out of house for more than 12 hours. and even today is full working day...........:mad:

not able to get much time with the rig......... till could get only 2 evenings after work (which went in assembling, installation and taking some pics)...........

will post more pics soon........ and yes i have removed the plastic sheet........:)

answers to other questions,

ans. the cabbie is pretty quite, (comparing to my old cabbie........) can hear little sound of the 200mm fans if ear kept close, otherwise no problem at all...........

2. How are the fan filters? Are they fine grain like an AC filter or just plastic meshes with large holes? Pic would be great

ans. Front panel has plastic meshes with small holes, but the top panel, side and back panel has big holes without even the plastic mesh.......:(........ thinking of making my own filters in the coming week.......will take pics and post in the evening......

dr.sankhadeep said:
Congo.. Very good rig bro....

Thanks very much............

Man.. how many HDD's you have in there? All the slots are fully occupied! You are hardly going to get any air past that to your centre area from the intake. You can try loading the HDD cage so that HDDs are parallel to the depth of the chassis. That would increase the air flow IMO.

Your PSU is mounted with the fan at the top.. Any reasons for this?

Roxtin said:
Sweet setup. Enjoy your gaming sessions :)
pratzgh1 said:
Awesome rig! Njoy bro... :)
shadow747 said:
congrats...Awesome rig..game on :)

Thanks very Much Guys..........and yeah Game On....
vpraveenis said:
Man.. how many HDD's you have in there? All the slots are fully occupied! You are hardly going to get any air past that to your centre area from the intake. You can try loading the HDD cage so that HDDs are parallel to the depth of the chassis. That would increase the air flow IMO.

Your PSU is mounted with the fan at the top.. Any reasons for this?
i have 6 HDDs in total,just wanted to see how it looks like with all HDDs and how much space is there for air flow. Will be using only 4 of them there. Rest will be in old rig.

and yeah had mounted the psu wrongly, corrected it.....thanks didnt notice that...

Maya2009 said:
Awesomw rig man.....

and als you've 5870 GPU.....!!. :O

wish i've one....:'(

thanks man...

Had 5870 for quite a long time now.....it was waiting for sandybridge since jan..... finally it got what it deserved......:yeah:

Congo on the build brother.

Any reason for Corsair XMS3 4GBx1 this combination rather than the 2x2gb? Any performance incentives for that particular pattern? thanks.

memnom said:
Congo on the build brother.

Any reason for Corsair XMS3 4GBx1 this combination rather than the 2x2gb? Any performance incentives for that particular pattern? thanks.

Thanks....
ya, its because I had bought one more corsair xms3 4g ram..... but I received it bent..:mad:....have given it for RMA.....once i recieve that i will have total 8gb(4gbx2)....

Must ve missed this thread.!Awesome buy devesh..! I should ve bought a i5 sandy too..rushed in and bought a i5 760..:no:

Btw how good is the roccat kave??

ram_dante said:
Must ve missed this thread.!Awesome buy devesh..! I should ve bought a i5 sandy too..rushed in and bought a i5 760..:no:

Btw how good is the roccat kave??
thanks again.. Roccat Kave is also good. Bass is little problematic, but it doesnt matter to me as i am not an audio enthusiast. Just wanted real 5.1 headphones. It totally feels like sitting in a theatre when hearing through it......

Back