PC Peripherals New PSU clicks once and doesn't boot up the system.

William_Mboy

Disciple
I bought XPG Core Reactor 750W (Gold) and after I plug everything, my fans and case light turn on for half a second and after that PSU gives one click sound and PC doesn't boot up.
My PSU came with German/French outlet, it looks like this:
I used my corsair UK outlet because my surge protector has Indian/EU pins. It looks like this:

French/German outlet is rated 16A 250V and UK outlet is rated 13A 250V.

Is my PSU faulty or is it because of the power outlet, I know that both outlets are within spec and shouldn't cause any issue.
Just to make sure that PSU is the culprit I even plugged in French outlet and same thing happened.

Sucks that such a high quality PSU was DOA.

Last edited:
Try to plug the system directly to the wall just so that you can confirm it's not the surge protector.
Also try changing the power outlet too and see if the issue persists.

If you have used that UK cable, check the fuse in that plug, it should have blown (might be due to cold start or some short/fault in your setup )

I bought XPG Core Reactor 750W (Gold) and after I plug everything, my fans and case light turn on for half a second and after that PSU gives one click sound and PC doesn't boot up.
Remove all the connections (motherboard, CPU/EPS, gfx card, hard drives fans etc). Jump ping 15,16 with a piece of wire (use guide below to identify which wire) and see if the PSU turns on.

XfJWS.jpg

If it does, start plugging things back, start with motherboard and EPS first, turn on and check, add gfx card, turn on and check, do the same till you encounter the issue again.

If it does the same with nothing connected and just 15-16 jumped, PSU is faulty.

Try to plug the system directly to the wall just so that you can confirm it's not the surge protector.
Also try changing the power outlet too and see if the issue persists.
Tried different wall sockets and used both UK(corsair) and its default French(XPG) outlet.
If you have used that UK cable, check the fuse in that plug, it should have blown (might be due to cold start or some short/fault in your setup )
That same UK cable is working perfectly with my older Corsair PSU.
Remove all the connections (motherboard, CPU/EPS, gfx card, hard drives fans etc). Jump ping 15,16 with a piece of wire (use guide below to identify which wire) and see if the PSU turns on.

XfJWS.jpg

If it does, start plugging things back, start with motherboard and EPS first, turn on and check, add gfx card, turn on and check, do the same till you encounter the issue again.

If it does the same with nothing connected and just 15-16 jumped, PSU is faulty.
I did not try paperclip test but I did try with motherboard + CPU and got same clicking(one) sound and after that PC won't turn on.
I put it back in the box and applied for replacement.
Too bad it is not in stock so Amazon will refund it.
RM750 is also overpriced right now.

Last edited:
Back