Budget 0-20k New System for: Revit 2014 and Autocad 2013

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Guys...

Please suggest me a decent configuration for the above two rendering application. Also a display screen would be needed.

Thanks.

Couple of months back a friend asked for a Revit config. Some of my observations :
1. Revit viewport doesn't use more than 1 or 2 cores (only final rendering uses all cores).
2. Get an Nvidia card. Intel Graphics are bad and preferably avoid AMD Radeon. Although I believe only the AMD mobile radeon cards were having driver issues; desktop cards were probably ok. Of course if you find a cheap FirePro/Quadro workstation card, nothing like it. Revit does not use the GPU for rendering, only for the viewport. www.revitforum.org had a lot of helpful info including user benchmarks with different configs.

Couple of months back a friend asked for a Revit config. Some of my observations :
1. Revit viewport doesn't use more than 1 or 2 cores (only final rendering uses all cores).
2. Get an Nvidia card. Intel Graphics are bad and preferably avoid AMD Radeon. Although I believe only the AMD mobile radeon cards were having driver issues; desktop cards were probably ok. Of course if you find a cheap FirePro/Quadro workstation card, nothing like it. Revit does not use the GPU for rendering, only for the viewport. www.revitforum.org had a lot of helpful info including user benchmarks with different configs.

So basically a GEForce adapter and an AMD socket board. But what class for both these...? I will read up the website you have linked. Thanks...!

No you need high IPC per core, so a fast dual core Intel chip will be preferred rather than the multiple cores in an AMD FX. Anyway for your tight budget I guess a G2020 is the best you can do to fit everything in.
For some reason the revit forums recommends a GTX 650 as minimum, but that would throw your budget for a toss. Check a few benchmarks and see how well the lower end cards are doing.

Back