Android Nexus 7 2012 charging ridiculously slow (5% over night)

raksrules

Elite
I have nexus 7 2012 and since last few days it's charging has been a pain. It either charges very very slow or sometimes doesn't even charges or even discharges even with charger connected. I feel that the charging port is to blame since today morning when I tried charging, it would not charge and when I moved the cable at charging end, it started charging. But if and when it charges, it is ridiculously slow. Kept overnight and I actually saw a drop in percentage with charger connected all the time.
Should I pry open the nexus and fiddle with the connector ?
I used a current measuring app and it was saying that current passed is like 120mA or even less Than 100mA.
I know charger is not at fault since I tried like 4 different charges and all are original or reputed brands. Also tried 3 different really good quality or original cables.

Any easy way open up the device ? Scared to do it.

Get a toothbrush and shove it's bristles in the charging port...clean vigorously and as much you can.., then blow high pressure air from your mouth in the charging port...this High-tech method solved the exact same issue in my s3.;)

I had the exact same issue, and I charged it using the Nexus 5 charger. It did take a whole 24 hours to charge though!

Are you getting that reading (120ma) with all chargers you tried? Try doing a factory reset. Otherwise, you may have a bad battery

Nexus 7 is easy to open up.. You can check YouTube for help.. I hope I have tried 2A charger similar to ones that come with n7 itself.. Check out battery mix application too to find charging rates and other useful info... Changing charging port won't be big job too.. U should be able to replace it's flex cable if applicable or get it soldered from mobile repair shop, assuming port is problematic.. Try charging in switched off condition too and compare approximate timings.. Some apps can consume too much resources increasing charging time

@Harpy.eagle

Yes I did open up the nexus's back, I fiddled with the charging port as well. I have not used the nexus 7 for few days so don't know if the charging is still a problem or not. Will check and update here.

Back