Nexus 7 vs galaxy tab p311

zhopudey

Skilled
So I made an impulse buy of the Nokia 808 ( 16k on zoomin). Now I think I should sell off my galaxy grand and get a tab. Am considering either nexus 7 or tab 2 p311.

N7 pros -
Latest sw always
Better rez screen
Better at heavy games ( not important to me)

Tab 2 pros -
SD card slot.
Cheaper
I think it has a fair amount of roms

Or in the same cost as nexus 7, I can get the 3g tab which adds phone calls and 3g.

Hmm confused.

Do u want a tab with 3g??
Cause if you dont then Galaxy is half the price of nexus (16gb galaxy vs 32gb nexus as u dont get expandable u should go for 32gb if u buy nexus)

What would be your primary usage ??
as you said if you're not much into gaming you can go for Tab 2.... this dual-core performs fairly well in browsing & multimedia dept.. it has very good community support too
---

Well only 16gb nexus is available here...
32gb nexus was available few days ago... seems OOS now, wait for few days it might stock-up again

Wait for some time. Samsung has announced Tab3 - expected to be at the same price point as Tab2.

3G option is useful, esp., when you move outside your home.

So I made an impulse buy of the Nokia 808 ( 16k on zoomin). Now I think I should sell off my galaxy grand and get a tab. Am considering either nexus 7 or tab 2 p311.

N7 pros -
Latest sw always
Better rez screen
Better at heavy games ( not important to me)

Tab 2 pros -
SD card slot.
Cheaper
I think it has a fair amount of roms

Or in the same cost as nexus 7, I can get the 3g tab which adds phone calls and 3g.

Hmm confused.
Why are you looking at 7 inch tabs if you're not into games ?

I've ordered a Nokia 808, and need another device for my Android fix. Don't want to carry 2 phones, so figured a tab would be better for movies and comics.
Maybe I can wait and check the tab 3 8.0?

Yes, but if you spend more you can have a better experience.

If you're a gamer a 10.1 is unwieldy but this applies only for android games.

I've ordered a Nokia 808, and need another device for my Android fix. Don't want to carry 2 phones, so figured a tab would be better for movies and comics.
Maybe I can wait and check the tab 3 8.0?
get a 10.1

Can't figure out how to carry around a 10.1; I can manage a 7" ok.

Edit: Also, I'm only looking for something below 16k, as I don't want to spend too much after selling off my Grand.

Can't figure out how to carry around a 10.1; I can manage a 7" ok.
You carry the device for a fraction of the total time that you actually use it.

How do you carry a 7" ? its too big to fit in a pocket. So it goes in a bag.

Portability argument for 7 incher is bogus IMO. Your nokia is portable.

Edit: Also, I'm only looking for something below 16k, as I don't want to spend too much after selling off my Grand.
If you can afford a 7 incher today, how long in the future till you can afford a 10". You were open to getting a 3g 7 incher, well a 10.1 is only 25% more.

You should be fitting the device to your requirement. I suggest to try your movies & comics on a 10 incher before you take the plunge. That is is what you are paying for and doing with it.

Compromising on primary requirements for secondary reasons isn't what i'd do :)

Meesa confused now :O 3g or Wifi only? 7" or 10.1?
I don't even know much about 10" tabs. Which ones should I consider? I certainly can't afford the nexus 10. How good is the tab 2 10.1?

Need info on tab 2 10.1 Is it good? Anyone selling it for cheap?

i'm using Tab 2 7.0 WiFi and can say that 10.1 should be equally good if not better because internals are pretty much same except display size, pixel density & battery....but most of the place its out of stock or overpriced....

Back