CPU/Mobo nForce4 ultra anyone?

I was trying to get some mobo with nForce4 Ultra chipset... i'm interested gameplay as well as budget so no sli.... any suggestions ?? And i dont get to see anyone metioning anything abt epox... EP-9NPA+Ultra or is it Asus A8N-E how good are they? or do u guys have any suggestions on something thats not ultra but better and also suits budget?

The A8N-E is your best bet. No one suggests the Epox coz' its not available here in India except for the sample board which Darky here had ( Now with Zhop if I remember right ). The A8N-E is one of the best boards based on the NF4 Ultra chip.

Epox is not available in India. AFAIK only a couple of Epox boards were available in Pune.

The Asus A8N-E board is based on the NF4 Ultra chipset, and offers good value for money as well as good performance. Should cost you around 5.7K.

If you could mention your budget, it would be all the more helpful.

EDIT: Freaky beat me to it :p

my budget would be 35-40k. i'm upgrading my old P3/810. The budget is for the CPU alone.... i see most of you guys have a thermalright case... do u get thermaltake/cool master cases in india?? I thought i could go for

AMD 3200+ 939 (Venice - E4)
Asus A8N-E or ????
a 6600GT 128 MB GDDR3 (out VGA) or ATI equivalent (i dunno what it is)
1 x 512MB Transcend/Twinmos (CAS 2 or 2.5) - if 3 is all i get i'm not moaning
Seagate 80Gb SATA (150)
DVD writer (Liteon 16x)
Antec or Thermalright / Thermaltake / Cool Master (i dunno)
(some case that would have a front/side(92 mm or 80 mm) and a back 120 mm
a good 400 or 450W power supply

So is this good or would it cost really lot?
some more expert suggestions please :D

Good choices there, IMO the 6600GT is still a very good choice as it can play current games and doens't cost a ton.

Try to get a 1GB dual channel kit for the memory, your overall platform will benefit. 2 gb of mem is even better, it helps with minimum frame rates which is what you'll notice, as well as application switching. I would take 2 gb cas3 over 512 or 1gb cas2.

The Antec P160W is a nice case with 2x120 mm fans, I like mine, although cabling was a little more difficult than some might care for.

You might take a look at the SLK3000B, it's cheap and roomy, and looks pretty ok...

PSU: Get a quality psu, max wattage ratings are bunk with most but the top manufactuteres anyways. Look at efficiency ratings and reviews, toms hardware has done some pretty extensive testing. Easiest cure: buy brand name. A good 400w should cover your needs. I am using the Enermax 400W Liberty for my current rig.

well i hv a sli mobo for sale at around 9.5K...... price negotiable. tell me if u r interested.

also regarding the case, i would highly recommended as the size is a big + point for it also. very convinient to carry around and looks terrific.

YGPM!

A8N-E has lot of ram compaitibilty issues,eg:no support for 2 X corsair value ram
check site manual before buying

6600gt is your biggest mistake,i have it and it is kind of crap
MW:1024*768,max,no shaow quality,no aa/af,all possible or atleast almost possible optimizations in driver 81.95,still not great
sc is even worse
hitman:contracts won't do 1280*1024 very well
pm me

Freaky said:
The A8N-E is your best bet. No one suggests the Epox coz' its not available here in India except for the sample board which Darky here had ( Now with Zhop if I remember right ). The A8N-E is one of the best boards based on the NF4 Ultra chip.
What about the MSI neo 4 platinum??? I think on features and performance that'd head out the A8N E right?

Well, I was out of cash(sorry... correction.... AM out of cash). So, no 1 GB x 2.

Will post some screenies soon.

check out the thread started by Sunny "Got some Ram". It is the same RAM. I bought it from itself.

Now what about the DFi Lanparty UT nForce4 Ultra-D ? i heard its a good one... but the price is a little on the upside.... with say Corsair XMS3200 TWINX 1Gb 200 @ 2-3-3-6 plantium heat spreader... :) its gonna blast my budget off!!

^^Excellent board for overclocking. If you are buying the DFI, the Kingston HyperX RAM in the market section would go well. Its Winbond CH-5 and the DFI will be able to supply the high voltages that Winbond loves. However DO NOT buy the DFI if you are not very familiar with computer bios/hardware/troubleshooting. It has its own quirks. You also need a very good PSU to keep that board stable.

Back