Nikon CoolPix 3700 review...

Welli got the new Nikon Coolpix 3700 digi cam....fiddling arnd with it for 2 days now...and here is a review... :)

nikoncoolpix37009vz.jpg

Box Contents :
The camera is damn small in size arnd half in hight of a normal cd and equal to the width of a cd

coolpix2037003qw.jpg

Features :

3.2 Effective Megapixels : Stylish, ultra-compact and simple-to-use 3 megapixel camera provides a maximum resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels for beautiful prints as large as 11 Inch x 14 Inch.

Zoom-Nikkor Lens : 3x optical Zoom-Nikkor lens (35mm equivalent of 35-105mm) plus a 4x digital zoom for a maximum zooming capability of 12x.
Scene Modes & Auto Setting : Use the Automatic setting for point-and-shoot simplicity or use one of 15 Scene Modes that automatically set the camera for the best exposure in specific shooting situations (portraits, panoramas, etc.).
Macro : Macro feature for close up photography produces sharp, clear images as close as 1.6 Inch from your subject. Movie Mode: Capture live action with sound. Clips are saved as a QuickTime(TM) movie, which can easily be emailed to family and friends.

Metering : Uses Nikon's exclusive 256-Segment Matrix Metering to set the light meter and exposure setting for the best picture in most lighting situations.

Autofocus : 5-Area Multi Autofocus System lets you choose your focus spot from a grid (center, right, left, top, bottom).
Flash : 5 mode built-in flash: Auto, Red-Eye Reduction (by pre-flash), Anytime Flash, Flash Cancel and Slow Sync. No external flash option. Features One-Touch(R) Upload(TM) for easy image transfer from camera to computer. Features One-Touch Red-Eye Fix(TM) with PictureProject and NikonView software.
Taken from Dpreview

The camera is sleek and sexy..and has loads of features....
It has got 5 modes...

Automatic : In this all u have 2 do is frame the pic focus and shoot...everything else like hue,white balance,red eye reduction is done automatically by camers..

Manual : In this u can select all the options according 2 ur choice,white balance,brightness etc etc

Video : U can record unlimited video(acc to the memory of ur SD card) at 30FPS in either a size of 640* or small size of 320*

VOice : In this u can do voice recording of as long as 5 hours(thts wht the guide says havent tested it yet )

Scene : Now this is the best part....
Here u can select upto 15 modes as per ur requirment..
Portrait,party/indoor,night portrait,beach\snow,landscape,sunset,night landscape,museum,fireworks,close up,copy,back light,panaroma,sports,dusk/dawn

Portrait : Picture of a person..the focus is on the person with things in background not clearly focused

Party/Indoor : Taken in artificial light

Night portrait : pic of a person in night

Beach\snow : brings out the color of the snow or sand perfectly

Landscape : For taking pics of landscapes

SUnset.Dusk/Dawn : Optimised settings for taking pics with low light conditions

Museum : settings with no flash..for places where flash isnt allowed

Fireworks : to catch the fireworks,cam works at slow shutter speed

Close up : to take close up pics of an object

Copy : To take pics of typed or writen documents

Baclight : Take pics when light is coming from the back

Panaroma : to take pics in 360'

Sports : Take pics of fast movement in sports

Last is the setup menu in this u can setup various settings
Welcome screen,Date/time,Date imrpint (whether date shuld come on the pics taken or notalongwith time),Brightness,Sound settings,Auto off,FOrmat memory card,Language,USB setings,Video size

While taking the pic u can set the image size tht u want...with a max of 2048* or a low of 640*

The pics here attached are taken at 1600*

THe clarity is amzing...Usage simple....

THe only thing tht i fnd bad was tht a camera case wasnt given alongiwht the cam...and the monitor screen dosent have a protection paperon it...so it gets dirty very soon with fingerprints and all

Other than tht one hell of a cam for its price of 10k.....THe best option according to me for any 1 looking for a cam for a price of arnd 10k :cool2:

Other than tht u can zoom in the pics taken in the cam and crop thm up also.....

A must buy for any 1 seeking a good digicam full of features... :hap2:

Here are sm pics.... :p

dscn00061ke.th.jpg

Close up

dscn00082fi.th.jpg

taken at night complete dark

dscn00282gk.th.jpg

my best shot as yet.. :tongue:

A very good review man! As i have said earlier, plz highlight ur sustitles so that it is better and readable.

That night mode seems to work perfectly...unlike K700i
234.gif

Btw how much does it cost...

Nice review and really informative... I am looking to buy a new one soon and i am considering this... Waiting till 1st of April for post budget prices...

I am a little bit surprised with the prices cause i beleive Canon has a 3MP camera which now retails for around 6.5K...

IceFusion said:
i wrote in the review...its arnd 10 k...:)
Ice gr8 review as usual ! Btw the formatting is screwed since its showing a angry smiley inplace of the bold tag. Also u have posted the thumbnails, post the original images dude ;)

where the goddamn edit button...
and i posted thumbnails by mistake..will post up full pics...:p just tell me where the edit button is..:p

IceFusion said:
i wrote in the review...its arnd 10 k...:)
Man, as i have said , write reviews which are more better presented and have subtitles in bold.
Honestly i could not find in the price of the cam. :tongue:

That was a gr8 review.

Can you let me know how much amout of memory is utilize for 1minute of
video recording in 640x480 & 320x240 resolutions.

Please

Back