CPU/Mobo No Audio after setting up new i5-2500k+ASUS p8p67 pro rig

vky25

Disciple
I newly set up my rig. But after installing WIN XPSP3 there is no audio output from Creative 4.1 speakers. I followed all instruction whatever given in the Motherboard guide(to set 4.1 audio channel) even tried it many times but still no audio output from speaker.
Please help!!!!

Did you download the latest Realtek drivers or at least those that are given in the motherboard disc? Here's the link to the latest drivers from their site.

Link - Realtek

Post back with the results.

PS: Why are you still sticking to Win XP? Just curious.

Ya I installed audio driver from motherboard disk. The speaker was working completely fine in my old P4 system.

Well, sooner will be upgraded to Windows 7. But till the time I want to use it with winxpsp3.

Well..I again reassembled my system completely.. Reinstalled OS and all the drivers and finally got my Headphone working.. but the problem persist for Speaker.. Not able to rectify the problem :-(

try setting the speakers to surround speakers under windows xp->sound->audio devices->properties->speakers (if i remember correctly) also set the default audio output device to->realtek HD audio or intel cougar point PCH audio

vky25 said:
Well..I again reassembled my system completely.. Reinstalled OS and all the drivers and finally got my Headphone working.. but the problem persist for Speaker.. Not able to rectify the problem :-(
Check the sound panel connectors again. Must have swapped a couple.

Tried all possible way whatever you guys suggested but still no luck.:(

Now got frustrated :mad: and only possible way I am looking at to install Windows 7 and try my luck again.:(

Finally Installed Windows 7, reconfigured Audio Driver and swapped speaker cables and got my speakers working nicely.

Thanks all for your suggestions and Help.

Back