No audio on desktop using bluetooth neckband

kartikoli

Skilled
Recently purchased OPPO M31 neckband and they work well with my phone but when I connect them to my desktop there seems to be a problem and its not giving any sound output. Also when we connect the earphones there should be a sound that its connected but I got only pairing sound once and after that nothing. Does it mean the bluetooth adapter I have is malfunctioning?

Purchased a cheap adapter last year from amazon and won't mind buying a new one if this is at fault. Any thoughts or suggestions? A link for new bluetooth adapter would be great

(P.S. I have old Tplink Wifi adapter which doesn't support dual band or 100Mbps so if there is a device which have both wifi and bluetooth then that can work too as I have 200Mbps connection)

Recently purchased OPPO M31 neckband and they work well with my phone but when I connect them to my desktop there seems to be a problem and its not giving any sound output. Also when we connect the earphones there should be a sound that its connected but I got only pairing sound once and after that nothing. Does it mean the bluetooth adapter I have is malfunctioning?

Purchased a cheap adapter last year from amazon and won't mind buying a new one if this is at fault. Any thoughts or suggestions? A link for new bluetooth adapter would be great

(P.S. I have old Tplink Wifi adapter which doesn't support dual band or 100Mbps so if there is a device which have both wifi and bluetooth then that can work too as I have 200Mbps connection)
What does it show when you click volume icon in tray?
I saw similar issue with my infinity glide but for some reason was showing two profiles for same device.
Switching to other device profile fixed my problem.
It also happens in Google meet

After bluetooth earphones are connected the desktop, you can check the bottom right side where the speaker icon and it will popup current volume and in that check if it shows the default speaker or the Oppo and if it does not show Oppo then select it and sound should come.

Here is screenshot from my laptop (not sure if it works same in desktop). I have my Samsung Level U connected to my laptop so I have option to route the audio to either my laptop speakers or the samsung level U which actually shows in 2 modes (handsfree and stereo).

volume.jpg

After removing my wired headset there is an icon for "no audio" and when i try to fix it says connect the device so I assume the device go paired but didn't connect when i click connect button

What does it show when you click volume icon in tray?
I saw similar issue with my infinity glide but for some reason was showing two profiles for same device.
Switching to other device profile fixed my problem.
It also happens in Google meet

Check my screenshot, it also shows 2 profiles and I have observed that for teams calls and such, the handsfree profile works better and for youtube videos etc, the stereo one works better.

Yes but thats not the case I think its not connected to the PC
It should show Connect voice, music

Try the connect button
I tried but it didn't work. I think bluetooth is faulty, just restarted my PC and got error about malfunction of last used USB device (now I don't have a bluetooth icon too)

Last edited:
Yes but thats not the case I think its not connected to the PC

I tried but it didn't work. I think bluetooth is faulty, just restarted my PC and got error about malfunction of last used USB device (now I don't have a bluetooth icon too)
Adapter is faulty

There are two reasons for this behavior, the adapter being faulty or the windows messing with the drivers again. Has happened to me a lot where windows after a new update pretty much messes up- all existing Bluetooth drivers, also my best bet is windows causing a pain again.

There are two reasons for this behavior, the adapter being faulty or the windows messing with the drivers again. Has happened to me a lot where windows after a new update pretty much messes up- all existing Bluetooth drivers, also my best bet is windows causing a pain again.
Thankfully not this time, I bought TP link Bluetooth and it worked in first attempt

I am facing almost same issue again, now after upgrading to TP Link bluetooth adapter the connection is stable (lags sometimes though) but many times I can't use Windows Sonic for Headphones while using Stereo option so have to switch and use handsfree mode to get audio. Not sure whats the issue as this doesn't happen always

Is it headphone issue?

Edit: Managed to fix the issue by uninstalling all Oppo and even all Bluetooth services from Device manager (From View menu select to show hidden items). Once uninstalled restart and remove Oppo paired device from Bluetooth devices. Restart again now pair again, first try and its working great now (lets hope it stays that way)

Last edited:
Back