Graphic Cards No display after boot and windows logo, once gpu detects driver installed- no display from GPU

bala07

Recruit
Hi everyone,

i am having this weird issue with my GPU,

It all started with, a display going black during gaming (but i was able to hear audio). i hard Shutdown the pc by power button,

when i rebooted, display shows MB Boot logo and Windows logo (but in low resolution not as it was earlier) once windows loaded, display gone

So, i followed the below troubleshooting's i found online,

1. switched display to Mobo DVI, uninstalled & deleted nvidia driver using DDU (clean and shutdown), switched to GPU DVI port, then once it booted back (in low res)- i let the windows install driver over online - once driver installed no display
2. Switched to Mobo DVI , went to safe boot, uninstalled & deleted nvidia driver using DDU (clean and shutdown), switched to GPU DVI port, then once booted back (in low res) - i installed old version of driver 368 (original driver of card wind. 10) once installed again no display
3. Formatted the SSD and installed in fresh OS, followed above steps same result.
4. to find whether it is issue with GPU or Mobo, tried using an old 9500gt display was fine (boot logo and windows logo was in good resolution, so this eliminates suspicions on MOBO/PCIslot)

Info about GPU - EVGA 1070GTX icx
in Device Manager, ln list of display devices - Nvidia GTX 1070 was listed when i access it through MOBO display.
Purchased card on 2019 through erodov, no warranty.

i dont what i can do further to get the card working, or if anyone faced this issue earlier, have found a solution, Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions on this

Looking for a software or hardware repair solution

Sounds like the graphics card is faulty. It can do low-resolution display but not a full-res. I've occasionally come across similar cases except that while the display is fine in lo-res, it's corrupted, not black, in hi-res. This is usually caused by faulty VRAM. Really sorry to hear about this - it's a bad time to have a graphics card go bad.

Do you have a healthy PC you can test the GPU with - perhaps a friend's?

Back