Graphic Cards No display with 9600GT - Needs to be repaired

Techman

Adept
My XFX 9600GT works, but I could see no display on the monitor. I had purchased the card from KMD on April 2008, now it has 2 months warranty left. But unfortunately KMD is away from TE (Last Activity 8 Sep 10 06:44 PM ).

As it was purchased from the US, I know that Rashi wont be able to help me. But still out of curiosity I took it to them and told them that I got it from online seller. They examined my card and told that due to fungus, it might not be functioning properly. And this card is not listed in their database and they wont be able to help me.

I am open to the following options

1. send it to the US and get it fixed - suggest if there are any dealers who do this other than KMD (in absence of KMD)

2. Get it repaired for some cheap bucks from Richie street, I am sure it must be some minor issues.

Please suggest some suitable option which will work out.

On a side note OT, I also need to get my 1.5 TB HDD repaired. Suggest if some reliable one who does this in Richie street.

If your card has international warranty then there is no need to sent it to US for RMA. But it is sad to hear that Rashi has refused to help you in this matter. You are also unlucky in that there is no XFX offices in india nor is the Pine Technology offices in india. The nearest Pine technolgy unit is in Hong Kong, you can contact them on website, tell them your story see if they can help you in this matter. The other option left is to go back to Rashi and plead them to take the card, if not possible then send the card to US. Before you do that, try to make it work on different computer etc.. see if it gets back to life. :)

US is the best option. since its xfx they offer double lifetime. atleast they do now. send it to them and they will send it back at their cost only.

Thanks Guys ... I found a way with Rashi. They told me that they would need a bill and they can even take the not listed card on approval basis.

Techman said:
Thanks Guys ... I found a way with Rashi. They told me that they would need a bill and they can even take the not listed card on approval basis.
So what's happening with your card now? Updates?

Back