No LPG Subsidy from Jan 2016 for consumers with 10 Lac Income

Doesn't say anything new.

"
The government last month undertook a key reform announcing income-based subsidy for LPG cylinders. The oil ministry said that the taxpayers with an annual income of over Rs 10 lakh will not get subsidised LPG cylinders starting January 2016. The government estimates this would lead to an annual savings of Rs 300 crore.

The point is where the rest of thousands of crores of rupees is going. The govt decided that people who are already covered under tax radar and have a income of 10 Lac will not get subsidies. That's fine. But what about people who are not covered under tax radar. You can get the subsidy regardless of how much income you have if you are not paying taxes. What about countless number of people under the 10% bracket not paying taxes and availing benefits. Isn't this like a reward to people who don't pay taxes?

What corrective actions is the govt taking in that regard? I also suggested a remedy. Bring all people who avail subsidies under tax radar and scrutinize their income sources and tax liabilities thoroughly to prevent abuse and at the same time get taxes that are usually evaded.

A lot of tax leakage (amounting to lacs of crores of rupees) can be found at this level. If the govt is doing this to save 300 crore per year, how about doing what I suggested to get a few lac crores in tax revenues even at the risk of turning their vote banks against them? Does the govt have the gall to do that? Do you seriously think I even need to tell this to the govt and that they don't know already and just ignore?

Let me assure you that if the govt does this, leave saving 300 crore, they won't even be left giving 300 crore in subsidies. Most people will chose not to get subsidies over paying taxes. Will a taxi driver start paying 2 Lac in taxes just to get gas subsidies worth a couple of thousand?

Last edited:
Their salaries are <10lpa anyways.
So what? The point is that anyone can open a PMDJY account and reap the benefits of LPG subsidy. You and your govt will keep on scratching your heads.

When I was closing my Citibank account in Nov 2015, they offered to open a no-frills account (PMDJY). It was a 15 year old account and they knew what kind of money I had... they still offered me an account meant for the poors.

Anyways, a thief would always find some work around. Don't you download movies via torrents, knowing the risks involved? Same logic!!
Torrents are for people like you.

Don't assume things about me. I can't reveal much about my family, other than that, that because of the nature of my father's job, actions of his family members are kept under watch (by your govt). This is in the interest of nation's security ( :p ) . My internet connection, business trips to foreign countries, taxes, property etc can be scrutinised by XXX.

I was rejected from 2 job interviews the moment they came to know about my dad's profession. One of them was Sahara... no wonder.

All those houses, vehicles etc are 100% legit and bought with white money. I am glad that you are envious.

BTW, I am still waiting for your PM on tips on tax evasion.

Their salaries are <10lpa anyways. See the government can't make policies based on illegal trading atleast on a short term basis. All options have to be first evaluated. Why don't you give your suggestions?

. Let the plans roll out. Eventually, some check(s) would be formulated. Anyways, a thief would always find some work around. Don't you download movies via torrents, knowing the risks involved? Same logic!!
So you say that it should plug the holes in the system later.
And we don't agree with that. This is what corruption is and we want the govt to do more about removing corruption first.
Removing corruption has inherently far reaching benefits than such appeasement policies.
There is a saying - Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

We want the govt to enable the people and not make them dependent on freebies. That is always better for the society.

If you have gone through the link Sharktale posted above you can see how so much of the cess collected remains unused.

We don't have a problem with paying our taxes or giving up subsidy but not until the system is reformed so that our hard earned money that we pay as taxes gets properly utilized.

So what? The point is that anyone can open a PMDJY account and reap the benefits of LPG subsidy. You and your govt will keep on scratching your heads.

When I was closing my Citibank account in Nov 2015, they offered to open a no-frills account (PMDJY). It was a 15 year old account and they knew what kind of money I had... they still offered me an account meant for the poors.

Torrents are for people like you.

Don't assume things about me. I can't reveal much about my family, other than that, that because of the nature of my father's job, actions of his family members are kept under watch (by your govt). This is in the interest of nation's security ( :p ) . My internet connection, business trips to foreign countries, taxes, property etc can be scrutinised by XXX.

I was rejected from 2 job interviews the moment they came to know about my dad's profession. One of them was Sahara... no wonder.

All those houses, vehicles etc are 100% legit and bought with white money. I am glad that you are envious.

BTW, I am still waiting for your PM on tips on tax evasion.
Are you Ajit Dovals son.?

Considering the fact that my post last night was deleted (I am assuming you pmed the mods to do so! :p)[DOUBLEPOST=1452022727][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have gone through the link Sharktale posted above you can see how so much of the cess collected remains unused.

Then blame all the governments post independence. Those cesses are way more than 1.5 yrs old!

Doesn't say anything new.

The point is where the rest of thousands of crores of rupees is going. The govt decided that people who are already covered under tax radar and have a income of 10 Lac will not get subsidies. That's fine. But what about people who are not covered under tax radar. You can get the subsidy regardless of how much income you have if you are not paying taxes. What about countless number of people under the 10% bracket not paying taxes and availing benefits. Isn't this like a reward to people who don't pay taxes?

What corrective actions is the govt taking in that regard? I also suggested a remedy. Bring all people who avail subsidies under tax radar and scrutinize their income sources and tax liabilities thoroughly to prevent abuse and at the same time get taxes that are usually evaded.

A lot of tax leakage (amounting to lacs of crores of rupees) can be found at this level. If the govt is doing this to save 300 crore per year, how about doing what I suggested to get a few lac crores in tax revenues even at the risk of turning their vote banks against them? Does the govt have the gall to do that? Do you seriously think I even need to tell this to the govt and that they don't know already and just ignore?

Let me assure you that if the govt does this, leave saving 300 crore, they won't even be left giving 300 crore in subsidies. Most people will chose not to get subsidies over paying taxes. Will a taxi driver start paying 2 Lac in taxes just to get gas subsidies worth a couple of thousand?
What are your views on the GST? It is a great move, however, the opposition totally derailed and destroyed whatever the current government stands for!

Proper implementation of GST can actually reduce inflation in the country and achieve various fiscal targets. Thus, contrary to your views, the government actually is doing a lot for the masses![DOUBLEPOST=1452023019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Torrents are for people like you
Btw how do you know that I am not from the government and I'm not here to collect intelligence/tax evasion tip offs?

There is a saying - Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.

We want the govt to enable the people and not make them dependent on freebies. That is always better for the society.

^^ And that is exactly how tax money should be spent for the needy. Enable people to improve their quality of life by providing them with opportunities and a firm base to grow. Not spoil them with random freebies.

A friend from a village was telling me how loan waivers spoiled the farmers of his village. Since every political party (in AP & Telangana) has been offering loan waivers for farmers during their election campaigns for last two times, a lot of farmers in his village have taken loans and just living of it lazily. They do not grow anything in their farms (or at least keep parts of it barren), don't pay their loans and then claim loan waiver. After that, they again take a loan again and carry on. These were not even some elite rich farmers. They were just normal farmers who were spoiled by a benefit that was meant to help poor farmers whose crops were severely affected by drought or floods. Any party which refuses to give out such benefits is automatically out ruled out for voting in his village.

Chandra Babu Naidu is generally against giving out random freebies and a lot of people in AP region hate him because of it. This was one of the reasons YSR and congress party won last time in the united AP and KCR used the same formula to win in Telangana this time.

^^ And that is exactly how tax money should be spent for the needy. Enable people to improve their quality of life by providing them with opportunities and a firm base to grow. Not spoil them with random freebies.

A friend from a village was telling me how loan waivers spoiled the farmers of his village. Since every political party (in AP & Telangana) has been offering loan waivers for farmers during their election campaigns for last two times, a lot of farmers in his village have taken loans and just living of it lazily. They do not grow anything in their farms (or at least keep parts of it barren), don't pay their loans and then claim loan waiver. After that, they again take a loan again and carry on. These were not even some elite rich farmers. They were just normal farmers who were spoiled by a benefit that was meant to help poor farmers whose crops were severely affected by drought or floods. Any party which refuses to give out such benefits is automatically out ruled out for voting in his village.

Chandra Babu Naidu is generally against giving out random freebies and a lot of people in AP region hate him because of it. This was one of the reasons YSR and congress party won last time in the united AP and KCR used the same formula to win in Telangana this time.

See the government is against doles too. Please read about the criticisms of this MNREGA by the current govt. Also, I am a follower of Jagdish Bhagwati and his model of development[DOUBLEPOST=1452023784][/DOUBLEPOST]However, I believe in this
images.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1452023886][/DOUBLEPOST]
please don't forget to send your tips.
Don't know creative accounting as I am not a CA. However I know laws and how to deal with red tapism!

What are your views on the GST? It is a great move, however, the opposition totally derailed and destroyed whatever the current government stands for!

Proper implementation of GST can actually reduce inflation in the country and achieve various fiscal targets. Thus, contrary to your views, the government actually is doing a lot for the masses![DOUBLEPOST=1452023019][/DOUBLEPOST]
Btw how do you know that I am not from the government and I'm not here to collect intelligence/tax evasion tip offs?

I am totally in favor of it as long as its implemented properly. FYI, the same BJP opposed GST when congress was in power. Same for FDI in retail which is also very beneficial if implemented properly. congress supported - BJP opposed. BJP supported, congress opposed.

You are gravely deluded if you really believe any of these political parties do stuff for the people. They look after their own interests and if something happens to be marketable for building a vote bank, they will market it. That's all there is to it.

Why was Greenpeace targeted in such a manner when there are so many NGO's (bogus ones that exist primarily for business of politicians) to go after. Greenpeace has been a nuisance to companies in every corner of the world where they operate including US. The "funded to work against the country" theories are absurd. The reason the govt went after it is because a lot of politicians have their black money investments in companies that are typically pissed on by Greenpeace. Those allegations are nothing more than a excuse to get rid of Greenpeace and protect their investments.

Too hard for me to explain as I am not from professors/lecturars family. Derp has better capabilities.
When I wrote that, I assumed that you personally know someone who has an NGO, and know about how NGOs work and about the subsidies etc they get

Do you also know that this very govt has made amendments to the Whistleblower Act where you can no longer remain anonymous and also the information you present has to be from RTIs only.

I hope you can see for yourself how that move clearly shows the true colors of this govt.

And no one in the media is covering such issues of grave importance. I came to know about this only after watching one of the episodes of AIB. Please watch their first episode - Why be Good.

It is a question that haunts many of the honest citizens of this country everyday.

Aib lolwhat?

Spread bakchodi, one subscriber at a time is their motto!
They raise some very genuine issues with proper facts. You really should learn to try things before judging them. Just because their way of presenting things is different, doesn't make the things they say any less true.

Did you know that a reporter of the Mumbai Mirror was arrested as a 'Danger to National Security' when he published an article describing how the weapons worth millions were lying in an armory filled with rain water. These weapons were specially bought after the 26/11 debacle.

The thing is, that in order for a democracy to function properly, the citizens have to actively question policies and rules so that the people in power don't try to take advantage of it.

We clearly acknowledged that GST is a good thing but why can't you acknowledge that the amendments made to the Whistleblower Act are clearly bad for our country.
You always skip answering when we raise questions which show the true colors of the govt.

Then blame all the governments post independence. Those cesses are way more than 1.5 yrs old!
This makes me wonder - are you about equality or BJP's support? The issue here being panned is "government's order" and not "BJP order". Congress, for the way they were pumping Aadhar, would have done something similar sooner or later. Even then people would not have been happy.
But if your aim is to defend BJP and then not the merits of the law, there is not much to discuss really.

We clearly acknowledged that GST is a good thing but why can't you acknowledge that the amendments made to the Whistleblower Act are clearly bad for our country.
The Bill prohibits the reporting of a corruption related disclosure if it falls under any 10 categories of information.These categories include information related to: (i) economic, scientific interests and the security of India; (ii) Cabinet proceedings, (iii) intellectual property; (iv) that received in a fiduciary capacity, etc.
So, you see the bill actually protects the interests of the nation. Many countries prohibit transmission of similar information publically, and hence the amandements. Of course I don't see the all India bakchods reasoning all this...

Back