no plz. no more widescreens

Bought a Dell SE198WFP 19â€LCD monitor for my cousin.

First impressions…..it’s a very good looking piece of beauty .On performance basis too it delivers.:p Its lotta better than viewsonic value series or LG stuff or analog Samsungs (non BW’s) …..and its hard to believe that SE198WFP is a value offering from dell :hap5: …..

Details regarding purchase are:

Total payment: Rs 10,300/- inc. of tax & delivery for delhi(3yrs warranty)

Date of receiving quotation: 26 NOV

Date of sending cash: 27 nov by credit card date of order:27 nov

Date of delivery: 6 dec

Another thing here when I ordered this monitor it was available for 10,800rs inc tax & delivery in delhi so I got a discount of rs 500 over it as I’m previous dell customer:p ……………………………..but currently this monitor is available for Rs 9,800/- inc tax & delivery for Delhi…OMG don’t look beyond this beauty now

Cheers

vivek

Congrats, Buddy...:D

Btw, is thr any difference between the SE198wfp and the E198wfp? :S The spec sheet of both the models seems to be same... :S I dont understand why shud one pay almost 1k more for the E198WFP if these 2 are identical..

Ne1 know the difference between these 2 models?

Congrats on the LCD gr8 buy :D

Private Ryan said:
Btw, is thr any difference between the SE198wfp and the E198wfp? :S The spec sheet of both the models seems to be same... :S I dont understand why shud one pay almost 1k more for the E198WFP if these 2 are identical..

Ne1 know the difference between these 2 models?

Naa specs are same just there is a bit of change in design and colour .. SE model is Silver colourder and other 1 is black ;)

Code:
http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/19lcd?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Dark Star said:
Naa specs are same just there is a bit of change in design and colour .. SE model is Silver colourder and other 1 is black ;)

I dont think tht they'll charge almost 1k less for the silver color and a design change..
If u check their prices (excluding taxes) then, the price of E198WFP is quoted as Rs. 9,444...and tht of the SE198WFP is Rs. 8,400...thts a Rs. 1.04k difference..besides, the SE198WFP is a newer model. A mere color and design change cannot make a 1k difference..thr has to be some reason behind it...;)
Otherwise, i dont see the reason why one shud get the E198WFP anymore, if the spec sheet of both the models is same..

I hope somebody here knows what the difference between the 2 models is..:p

Well, spec sheets are the first thing a prospective buyer looks into before making a purchase..i'm sure, u too wud have done the same..:) So unless it is made obvious for the reason of the price difference, thr is no way to know which one is a better buy afterall, price is not everything..you shud be getting proper worth as well..so evn if the E198WFP is 1k costlier, but if it is a better panel than say, the SE198WFP, i wudnt mind paying 1k more and get the better model...

But for tht, Dell shud make it clear if E198WFP is really a better model than the SE198WFP or atleast point out the difference between the 2..

Merely saying tht the E198WFP is 1k costlier with the same specifications, doesnt help...tht way, it'll only confuse the buyers...:no:

Hope somebody points this out to Dell..

Private Ryan said:
Well, spec sheets are the first thing a prospective buyer looks into before making a purchase..i'm sure, u too wud have done the same..:) So unless it is made obvious for the reason of the price difference, thr is no way to know which one is a better buy afterall, price is not everything..you shud be getting proper worth as well..so evn if the E198WFP is 1k costlier, but if it is a better panel than say, the SE198WFP, i wudnt mind paying 1k more and get the better model...
But for tht, Dell shud make it clear if E198WFP is really a better model than the SE198WFP or atleast point out the difference between the 2..
Merely saying tht the E198WFP is 1k costlier with the same specifications, doesnt help...tht way, it'll only confuse the buyers...:no:
Hope somebody points this out to Dell..

A while back the prices were identical -

Back