Windows No window boot device in boot options after migrating cases.

awestorr

Adept
I changed my cabinet and the windows in nvme isnt refognized anymore.
Boots straight into bios.
Tried using windows repair bootable usb no luck.

Edit1) i tried switching to different nvme and it boots the os on that nvme even tho it belongs to a different pc.
2) tried resetting bios to see if it works, still nothing

Attachments

• 17216477428209095865129615421952.jpg
    17216477428209095865129615421952.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 15
If the nvme isn't touched while changing the cabinet then either the ssd got accidentally touched and might have got tilted or the bios jumper got touched and the reset didn't happen fully.
Try removing the setup from the cabinet and place on a wooden flatbed then test.
Perform a bios reset and it shall directly boot into the os provided thats the only storage connected else from boot menu you have to select the appropriate boot storage.

Also, list down your rig!

Solved_ Repaired using easeus recovery partition manager.
**** man , wasted 2 hours on this.
They hide this behind the paywall too.
Had to get it from torrentleech

OMG! why the need to use easeus?
It was just a cabinet swap right?
Yes but it ****ed something up on the nvme.
Windows couldnt boot .
Showed no os/no boot device
Even the official window repair thing couldnt solve it.
Had to burn easeus.iso using rufus boot into it.
Showed me the ssd contents.
Then into startup /mbr repair , fauled couple times and then success.
And my windows is back now

This can be easily fixed using Command Prompt. Windows has an executable called bootrec.exe which was most likely used by EaseUS here.

Just boot to the USB installation media next time. Once you land on the very first "Install Now" screen, press this key combo Shift+F10 without clicking anything. The CMD window will pop up. Follow this guide then:

All these third party tools do is provide you with a UI to do what Windows already does. Tools like EaseUS feel good because the Disk Management tool provided by MS needs you to enter the values instead of offering a slick UI to move the bar around. I am really not sure why the built in tool is still stuck in the 1990s.

And yes, there are better sources than the leech site.

This can be easily fixed using Command Prompt. Windows has an executable called bootrec.exe which was most likely used by EaseUS here.

Just boot to the USB installation media next time. Once you land on the very first "Install Now" screen, press this key combo Shift+F10 without clicking anything. The CMD window will pop up. Follow this guide then:

All these third party tools do is provide you with a UI to do what Windows already does. Tools like EaseUS feel good because the Disk Management tool provided by MS needs you to enter the values instead of offering a slick UI to move the bar around. I am really not sure why the built in tool is still stuck in the 1990s.

And yes, there are better sources than the leech site.
Was going to do this, but relaized i had to download 6gb iso file.

Had to burn easeus.iso using rufus boot into it.
Don't use Rufus. Format your USB again. Then flash Ventoy - https://ventoy.net/en/index.html to it and you never have to format your USB Drive ever again. Just copy - paste as many ISOs you want. Ventoy updates are also installed like software updates. No formatting as I said.
Was going to do this, but relaized i had to download 6gb iso file.
Windows 10 ISO also works. Weighs 2 GB less. Flash Ventoy and permanently store an ISO.

With Ventoy, you can use you USB to store music video docs and everything you usually store. Just create a folder named ISO for the images.

Back