PC Peripherals Noisy fan , corsair CX400 psu

Arjun

Skilled
5 years old corsair cx400 , the fan makes a lot of noise specially when pc starts , is it easily replaceable ? can i do it on my own no soldering involved? Which fan should i get for it ? its probably 120 or 90 mm ..

I opened a VX450 to repair it recently and it was PACKED with dust and crap. Cleaning it should be enough, if not replace the fan with a decent fan, not cheap ones available at local stores. Its a 120mm fan. You can snip the wires and connect it but make sure the wire length is as small as possible.

chZGqoz.jpg

Make sure to keep the PSU powered off for atleast half a day before attempting to open it. The capacitors inside have energy in them if you open immediately after disconnect and that will give you a nasty shock.

i have a cooler master 120mm led sickle flow fan lying around, can i use that ?
Yes you can. The black fan grill will be somewhat stuck to the fan when you take out the PSU so you'll have to pry it open.

Make sure the fan is pointed at the right direction ( blowing into the PSU) and the plastic piece (deflector?) is aligned/fixed the same way as original.

Back