Nokia 3230

Well i had the chance to get my hands on this phone for smtime so am writing what i feel abt it...

This is actually more of a preview rather than being a review... :)
Nokia 3230

nokia323024hz.jpg

This phone is one of the awaited phones of nokia cause it is the second symbian phone tht has radio in it.. the first one was 6260 which had mono radio...

Anyways moving ahead the features of the phone are top notch for the current period...

The main features are....
1.3 megapixel camera (effective resolution 1.23 megapixels for image capture
Tri-band coverage on up to five continents (EGSM900/GSM1800/1900
Weight: 110 g
Dimensions: 109 mm x 49 mm x 19 mm, 90 cc
Large, high-resolution TFT color display
Up to 65,536 colors
176 x 208-pixel resolution
Series 60 user interface (UI) with selectable themes
Capture video clips up to one hour with 32 MB MMC card
Music player,radio,Bluetooth,IR etc etc

Anyways...first of all the phone...the phone is light weight only a mere 110gms....and is very smart looking so i give full points to phone there..

Next comes the cam...this is the thing tht i didnt like...The cam was placed at the back of the phone at the top whose lens could get dirty due to handling at the point...the camera isnt tht good either...even though its a 1.3mp cam while trying to take a pic the viewfinder was very laggy and unfocused...when i took a pic it came out blurry and not much clear...
The video recording was good though...so here i will give only 4/10

The loudspeaker on the phone was decent enough but not as loud as that of nokia6230....7/10

THe phone although looks very good but smhow Nokia in showing of the screen made the keys small....The keypad was really small and i had to struggle to use the main keys as well as the number keys ...1/10 here

Coming to the OS.....it boasts of Symbian7.0 with feature pack 1.....smhow the phone was preety slow in menu....5\10
I found it actually to be slower than the 6600....

I cant post anypics taken from the phone now but will add them up later for sure when i get to play with it again....
Conclusion.....i think one shuld stay away from this phone cause even though its got the features the phone hasnt got the power to use them effecctively according to me....Nokia may have another model on their hands thts gonna be a flop...

Available for Rs16500 of which i would sugest go for the 6630 by adding3k more or settle for a 6600/7610/6670 with a 256mb MMC in the same price....

nokia323013yp.jpg

Ice: 6630 available for 20k ??

and thumbs down 2 nokia for re-hashing the same features without making any real innovations at all. Come on nokia u can do better than...................

blade_runner said:
Ice: 6630 available for 20k ??
Hmm.., i think i told him the price..., it's avialable for 19.5k itself with bill and stuffs. :D

And between guys, it has a 1.3mp cam, mp3 player, 256mb MMC (only 32mb with 6600) and the 16.5k price tag is a bit high :p

Suggestion:
Can u make ur review more readable? Like highlight ur subtitles and add colors so that it looks good.

wht i meant in tht line grudge that one can go for a 6600 and get a 256mb card alongwith it in 16K...

6630 is available for 20k now...although sm big showrooms still have it on price of 22k but they wuld fix it by the 1st april when the budget comes in effect

as for ur suggestion i will take care abt tht in future...:)

drgrudge said:
Hmm.., i think i told him the price..., it's avialable for 19.5k itself with bill and stuffs. :D

And between guys, it has a 1.3mp cam, mp3 player, 256mb MMC (only 32mb with 6600) and the 16.5k price tag is a bit high :p

Suggestion:
Can u make ur review more readable? Like highlight ur subtitles and add colors so that it looks good.
Hmm gr8 deal for 19.5k imo, so wots the tag on the SE s700i then ?? :D

Back