Nokia 5610 or SE W580 ?

I'm going to get one of these 2 today for my brother in law as its his bday...but cant decide between the 2..so which one wud be a better choice? Considering tht he is like 36 and working as general manager in a reputed company, i wudnt want to give something tht is too flashy...i chose these 2 bcos he loves music.. Any other choices?? but my budget constraint is 15k max..lol...so anything tht falls in this range and suits his position wud be gr8..:D

Also, can somebody tell me the current prices of these 2 models? I'm in a bit of a hurry as i'm going to get this today itself by 8.00 pm...so yeah, waiting eagerly for ur replies..:p

5700 is also a choice incase he wants a symbian. i would say 5610 for better cam and memory is cheaper. u can get better quality sound than the w580i by just adding a good earphone like the ep 630

Got the 5610...:D actually i held the W580 and the 5610 (black red) in my hands and the choice was obvious...the 5610 owned the w580 left, right and center be it looks, camera, screen quality and size, build quality and finish...:D And it wud suit his hands without looking gaudy..theres a hell lot of difference when looking at a pic and holding the phone in the hand....i was thinking tht the red strip wud look gaudy, but it looks real classy...:D Neways, this'll be his second phone..he has already got an Imate..so not much of a problem...:p He'll prolly only use it for music..:p

Vince just hold the W580 and the 5610 in ur hands and u'll know what i'm saying..the 5610 overshadows w580 from the first minute u hold it in ur hands..:p besides, the 5610 ownz the w580 in terms of features..bigger, better and more vibrant screen then the w580....the cam is 3.2 mp with autofocus and flash as against the non autofocus/non flash cam of w580....the design and finish is much better again..but thts only visible when u hold the phones in ur hand..nokia definitely has used better materials in the 5610...i own a p990i myself, but i'm no fanboi of any brand..and here nokia ownz SE w580 with the 5610...the loudspeaker quality is simply awesome and beats the w580 left, right and center..:p

I can post a few pics if u want, but i've already given the phone to my bro in law..so i'll have to ask him to give it to me for a few days so tht i can do a review...lets see if i can get it done..:p

ye i bought the 5610 and it rocks man....
the s40 OS is just too fast...the camera is kewl and so is the video recording. movies played are crystal clear.

Ok, so i went to a number of shops today.

So. The 5610 scores over the w580 in terms of cam (3.2mp, autofocus,flash) and in terms of using a normal stereo headphone

BUT the w580 looks just great.

They didnt have any display pieces of the 5610, but by judging by the 5310, it doesnt look all that fancy.

I almost bought the 5610, until i saw the 5310 piece and the looks arent that great compared to the w580

Plus, this review http://www.techenclave.com/forums/nokia-xpressmusic-5310-does-really-do-102990.html

has got me worried, coz the 5610 is basically a small upgrade over the 5310.

what do i do :(

Budget is around 12K but i'm willing to ramp up my resources ;)

Oh, and this is not only for me, but i got 3 friends who might buy one now and i want to help them out too. :)

No brainer..

u think that the Looks of w580 wd actually allow the SE fone to hold its ground.. then pick up w580

Else if u can bear the 5610's looks for wotever amount of time u plan to keep ur fone with urself and can indulge in its uber cool features to sch an extent that the looks wont matter.. then pick up Nokia 5610.

Same question keeps nagging me too as 5610 has all wot was missing from 6270 .. but i picked up 6270 instead of 6280 cuz the looks and feel of the 6280 were not that neat wen i held it in my hand.

So if u really ask me .. i wd dump the 5610 cuz i need to carry that thing around and i am not that avid a photographer or die hard music dependent fan that i ll be pickin up a fone which wdnt appeal to me.

Just my 2 cents..

Best of Luck :)

Spacescreamer said:
No brainer..

u think that the Looks of w580 wd actually allow the SE fone to hold its ground.. then pick up w580
Else if u can bear the 5610's looks for wotever amount of time u plan to keep ur fone with urself and can indulge in its uber cool features to sch an extent that the looks wont matter.. then pick up Nokia 5610.

Well, for ~12K i'd expect it to look good. and NO shop has any sample piece or me to look at.

So right now looking at w580, w810 :ashamed:, w830i

I remember few ppl here goin absolutely bonkers for N82..

but if u ask me.. the fone looks like as if an outgoing designer designed it, and an outgoing MD approved it.. and shipped by Sony Ericsson ppl free of cost in the markets.

I am not too into the looks but please.. it shdnt atleast hamper ur style that mch..

Nokia 5610 didn seemed that bad as N82.. but i stil wont pick it up, sticking with my current fone only..

Had high hopes with w850.. had nearly all the stuff.. but for the flash. I mean wot good is a 2.0MP camera w/o the flash.

The moment sun goes down, u r rendered with a fone which aint gonna let u make head or tail regarding the pic u took at times.

I am not gonna ask the fellow standing next to me to switch on his camera's flash for a sec while i clicked the pic with my fone.

Quite seriously.. if it had flash .. i wd have dumped my nokia 6270 this very moment.. Damn those Sony ppl ..

May their own kids choose fones like w850 so they know how it feels ...

Friggin zombies..

well the 5310 and the 5610 are 2 different materials...i have heard from reviews that the 5310 material is crap and becomes loose...so don't expect the same from the 5610.. i am usin it for a month now and its rock solid.

the only CON tht i feel abt the 5610 is removin the back panel of the fone. its like we are fightin a war...it looks like the back panel is about to break wen we open it but it doesn't...else the fone is spectacular...5310 is a flop..there is no use of that fone in 10k range as there are better SE fones in that range.

Back