Less than 10K Nokia Lumia 520/Nokia 603/BB 9220

meet6600

Adept
Hi People,

Please suggest which will be a better choice under or around 10k. Main Usage includes Gmail Sync, Good Music Playback, Whatsapp, Document & PDF Edit / Viewing, Good Battery Back Up, True Caller, Occasional Camera Use, Good Signal Reception and Call Quality.

My Friend wants to gift it to his Dad and I can't recommend Android as in the price band it's not at all Good in performance. He has been using Nokia for long and is truly satisfied with the Brand.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: 10k

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any

3. Preferred display type?
A: TFT

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Nokia or Any other Reliable Brand.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Good Cam flash not necessary.

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Symbian or Windows

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G, WiFi

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Whatsapp, Camera, Mail, True Caller,

10. Any other requirements?
A: Basic Usage

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Nokia 603, Nokia Lumia 520 or BB 9220

Please suggest something that serves the purpose as mentioned. Found FK selling 603 for Rs. 7999/- which seems pretty great price but Nokia Lumia 520 is available for 10.5k! So confused between the two! BB 9220 seems good too but don't know how easy will it be for some one used to Nokia Symbian!

Thanks & Regards,
Dilmeet

Definitely the 520. 520/620/720 have almost the same specs sans the camera.

Even the camera is as good as that on 620 for daytime shooting. And WP8 has a better appstore compared to Symbian.

There is an offer on Nokia's website wherein you can get certain discounts.

Go with Lumia 520, suits the requirements ... It don't have flash though !

And no front camera...and no clear black display...no dolby sound enhancement...last one maybe not so important

But I think its a killer deal in 10.5k. don't remember any droid with the same specs at this price (from the branded manufacturers ofcourse)

Symbian is almost Dead. So No 603
Nokia 520 is in Your budget, So you can Go for it and BB 9220 will also be Good If you're Buying BB for the First time.
Nokia 620 is Probably the best one out there, You can Get it for 14.2k If you wanna Spend more. ;)

My sis has the same phone ! Found it pretty great except for the app store. So many free apps on Android are all paid apps on Windows store and games like Temple run cannot run on Windows phones with < 1 GB memory. Its a really stupid limitation considering Android phones with half the processing power can run Temple run just fine.

Back