Nokia X2-02 or something else?

Neo-N

Skilled
I was looking to get the Nokia X2-02 as the secondary and traveling phone. Presently using the 1280 as the secondary as battery life is very important when traveling.

Requirements are:

1) Good Battery Life

2) Good build quality (no creaks and squeaks from panels!)

3) Better than a bare-bones phone like the 1280, 100, 101 etc.

4) Availability of a screen protector and case as I absolutely hate devices with scratched screens! Even my 1280 still has the factory screen protector on.

Tried searching online but couldn't find any good reviews. So, can sumone please advise on whether or not to go for this phone?

Should I be looking at anything else? Want to avoid QWERTY as then I will have to carry 2 huge phones (including the Desire).

TIA.
<

I bought this phone for my Aunt, and its a very good phone, bought it after loads of research
<

1. Battery life is great, typical Nokia battery life, lasts days on standby, and for only calling purposes everyday can last for 3-4 days on single charge.

2. Looks are awesome, glossy front part, not prone to finger-prints, looks solid.

3. certainly.

4. Its comes with factory screen protector, and its screen protectors are widely available.

I say go for it.

PS: I have a HTC Desire too
<

1. Battery life is great, typical Nokia battery life, lasts days on standby, and for only calling purposes everyday can last for 3-4 days on single charge.

2. Looks are awesome, glossy front part, not prone to finger-prints, looks solid.

Glad to know that there is a user who has practically used this phone!
<

Can you please tell me which battery does this phone come with? Is it BL-5C 1080mAh or BL-4C 860 mAh?

The data sheet says it has a BL-5C but the Nokia India site says it has BL-4C!
<

How is the quality of the buttons on the sides? Are they loosely fitting or are they of a good build quality?

Also, you say that it has a glossy front. So, does that mean that it is prone to fingerprints or not prone to fingerprints?
<

BTW, Thanx a lot...

My dad needs a new phone (buying in next 2 weeks mostly) and i was also considering X2-02.

Camera is not at all necessary and apart from that i felt the x2-02 is better than X2 so will be buying that.

My dad needs a new phone (buying in next 2 weeks mostly) and i was also considering X2-02.

Camera is not at all necessary and apart from that i felt the x2-02 is better than X2 so will be buying that.

Yup go for it, its great.

Glad to know that there is a user who has practically used this phone!
<

Can you please tell me which battery does this phone come with? Is it BL-5C 1080mAh or BL-4C 860 mAh?

The data sheet says it has a BL-5C but the Nokia India site says it has BL-4C!
<

How is the quality of the buttons on the sides? Are they loosely fitting or are they of a good build quality?

Also, you say that it has a glossy front. So, does that mean that it is prone to fingerprints or not prone to fingerprints?
<

BTW, Thanx a lot...

I havent actually used the phone much, will check today.

Ya the front is glossy, but not very glossy, ie. its not very much prone to fingerprints, will check on the battery and let u know.

The buttons on the side are of ok quality, will comment after i check.

Why not just X2, It's bit old model but has 5 MP camera & flash.

Camera is just awesome & Flash can be used as emergency light.

I think X2-02 was downgraded to 2 MP

^^ I think the X2-00 is EOL. Besides, camera is not my requirement. Can even do without a camera!

#pranut please do check and post here. Thanks.

^^ The requirements are similar to mine. Like I said, I think that the X2-00 is EOL.

Besides, the X2-02 supports USB OTG (like the N8) and has a FM transmitter in addition to wireless FM which the X2-00 lacked.

I don't need these features either but then, I think having USB OTG is not such a bad idea!
<

Just checked the phone, the battery is BL-5C.

The side volume buttons are on the right, and are well built(not loose), but it will take some time to get used to as they are a little apart.

Camera quality is decent, didnt check video.

Let me know if u want to know anything more.

Thanx a lot #pranut
<

Just one more thing, is the back cover made of plastic or metal? And is it glossy too??

Its plastic, not glossy.

Available in 3 colors, Red, Black and blue in India, my aunt wanted Red but it was not in stock.

One more thing, what i really liked about the phone was how bright the screen is, the text size is big, display is quite amazing.

Its plastic, not glossy.

Available in 3 colors, Red, Black and blue in India, my aunt wanted Red but it was not in stock.

One more thing, what i really liked about the phone was how bright the screen is, the text size is big, display is quite amazing.

Hi #pranut ,

I'd like to ask some questions about this phone. Hope you don't mind replying.

1. Is the Music UI slow? The playlist etc?
2. What about scrolling down a long list of songs in the playlist AND in the memory card, i.e., using the gallery?
3. Talking about gallery, where is that option? I couldn't see it in the YouTube video about this phone.
4. Can you record calls using this phone?
5. Can the music player resume the last played back song? I mean, does it remember which song it played last time?
6. Does this phone have multiple alarm feature? If not, then does it have an option to add multiple reminders? And can you select which MP3 file to play for the alarm and reminders?

Please let me know answers to these questions as this would help me a lot.

Kind Regards,
Casper

Back