Not been gaming for a lonnggg time - Suggest 2 must have games

Vij

Skilled
Hey guys

I have not been around for a long time. You know the usual stuff happened - got married, busy making money etc etc - you know the drill... if you dont, well, you will...:p

Anyways, recently upgraded my system and also have time to spare. So decided to game a bit in July :)
My system specs to put it broadly - 8GB RAM, i5 2400, Saphire 7750
Considering the specs, what are the 2 'must play' games? - have no idea of whats the deal currently and what the latest games are... The last game I played was Arkham Asylum - loved it!

PS: My monitor is 24", but I dont mind playing at slightly lower res and little less than max quality.

Waiting for answers :bigok:

Two must play games-Elder scroll V:Skyrim and For No.2 spot there's a tie between Max Payne 3 andDeus EX-Human Revolution.For no.3 you can go for Witcher 2.:)

Been a long time Vij. Congrats on your marriage. :)

If you loved Arkham Asylum, I'd suggest immediately going for it's sequel; Arkham City. The second game I recommend would be Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which is a great mix of stealth, action and good storyline. If you're intro RPGs, you'd probably want to try The Witcher 2: Assassin's Kings.

Depends on what genres you love playing. If you loved Arkham Asylum, grab the sequel Arkham City. Max Payne 3 would be a good choice as well.

Since you didn't state what kind of games you like, I will list my two current favorites - Portal 2 and Just cause 2. Some others to consider - Fallout New Vegas and Driver (new one). Will add more if I think of any.

Hmm... I played Maxy Payne 1 and 2 and Arkham Asylum.. So guess I will try Arkham city and Max Payne 3. Deus EX-Human Revolution seems to be popular. How about Mafia 2?
Been a long time Vij. Congrats on your marriage.
happy19.gif
Thanks man.

I will butt in since I am in a similar scenario. The last games I had played were Warcraft III and FIFA 2005. Have upgraded to i5-2300,4GB RAM and 7750. Any RTS suggestions. It seems like there are less and less of RTS games released these days.

@Vij Sire, I would suggest that you can look up the following games [apart from Arkham City] --
  • Deus EX: Human Revolution;
  • Alan Wake;
  • The Witcher 2: Assassin's of Kings [suggested not to be played with family around].

Happy Gaming and may your sword stay sharp, Witcher!!

P.S. -- @Gannu, @Ethan_Hunt has the issue of random crashing in Arkham City [PC version] been resolved?

I will butt in since I am in a similar scenario. The last games I had played were Warcraft III and FIFA 2005. Have upgraded to i5-2300,4GB RAM and 7750. Any RTS suggestions. It seems like there are less and less of RTS games released these days.

For RTS's I suggest you look at the following --
  • Company of Heroes series [pray that THQ weathers the storm, next year we have its sequel hitting our shores CoH 2];
  • World in Conflict [what can happen if the Cold War went HOT];
  • Dawn of War 2 [try the Co-operative multiplayer, if you want help I can install my copies];
  • TOTAL WAR Shogun 2 [especially for its Avatar Conquest, for faster pace of battle and tactics].

Just to warm you up, here is the intro for Company of Heroes

Direct Link --> Company of Heroes - YouTube

Hope this list fills you up, Sire.

Last edited by a moderator:
ALPHA17: no idea. I played the X360 version. Wanted to try out the DLCs. Will attempt it later perhaps.

Any RTS suggestions. It seems like there are less and less of RTS games released these days.

There are not many RTS titles that have released. Have you played Starcraft II? Do you like turn based RTS games? Shogun 2: Total War is a good turn-based RTS game.

You can try some of the older ones if you haven't - LOTR: BFME II, its expansion RotWK, Company of Heroes etc.

Have you played Starcraft II? Do you like turn based RTS games? Shogun 2: Total War is a good turn-based RTS game.

I am addicted to the Avatar Conquest mode of TOTAL WAR Shogun 2; Fall of the Samurai; it is very satisfying when you beat a human player.

I have already recommended OP Company of Heroes, World in Conflict and Dawn of War II [if he likes the more straight up strategy games].

I have never played STARCRAFT [OR STARCRAFT II], so no views for the same.

@Vij Sir Start with Batlan Arkham City and don't turn on DX11. Play it in DX9. It was a wonderful game! 2nd will be The Witcher 2 : The Assassins of Kings Loved it! Rest are Mass Effect Series, Alan Wake and Max Payne 3, Deus Ex: HP I haven't played so can't suggest. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ALPHA17: Start Craft II is one of the best strategy games ever. Doesn't matter if you've played the previous ones, its a must for all strategy fans. :)

Back