Not getting 2Mbps with DataOne

astrono_me

Disciple
Hey guys,

I just checked my Huawei 800 modem settings and it says Downstream speed = 2048 Kbps....but I don't get this kind of download speed with anything - rapidshare, torrents, general downloads....I get a constant 30kBps only (which obviously equals 256Kbps) ....also, my plan on the Dataone site still shows Home UL900 although I am being charged only for Home 500...

There are 2 possible reasons why I don't get 2Mbps downloads:

1) Only the billing department changed my plan to Home 500 while the department which monitors usage still thinks I am on Home UL 900?

2) The service in my area not been upgraded to 2 MBps?

Then why is my modem showing downstream of 2048 Kbps??? :S

Here is my Huawei modem config:

did you wait till the plan change? that is till the beginning of the next month? thts when they change the plan to whatever you have applied for..

If you are getting charged for the new plan, inform bsnl that you have not been changed.

broar94 said:
did you wait till the plan change? that is till the beginning of the next month? thts when they change the plan to whatever you have applied for..

If you are getting charged for the new plan, inform bsnl that you have not been changed.

Its been 2 months since I have asked for my plan to change and the change in plan is being reflected in my bill.

^ Call up CC and tell them about the problem. You should have done it before this month though.

You'll have to wait till 1st June now.

Back