Not just another Point-n-shoot show-off thread :S

ANP !!!

Skilled

Got it from my uncle for 12300 + a Tosiba 1GB SD card for 1600. Since its my uncle i dont have to worry about any warrantee issues :D

The camera is just simply great, the swing LCD really comes in Handy, But its a bit bulky, but not that much, but it wont fit in ur tight pockets for sure.

The Pictures it shoots are very detailed n with very very low Noise, tho the noice level inc a bit in dark areas, but its not a prob for me. I liked the macro shot focusing of this cam, Simply great, will post pics tomo if u all want.

SD800 wasnt in stock when i bought this :( , or else i would have got that.. SD800 was for some 14000, but since my parents leaving in a few days for EU, i got this.

Udit said:
congrats :)

but wrong choice IMHO :(

you could have waited for the SD800IS stocks to return :no:

Parents leaving in a 3 days,, n uncle said it will take 4-5 days for the stock to return.. so probably cant wait.

congrats mate ....... but how can u put a new cam to that surface :mad:

anyways the swing LCD is really gr8 ....... people who have not used it will say whats the big deal but use it once and u will not able to live without it :D

chic_magnet said:
lol.. u were showing off the point and shoot camera. .or taking pics "point and shoot" style.. with your n73 :tongue: lol

:tongue: :bleh:
Rahul said:
congrats mate ....... but how can u put a new cam to that surface :mad:

anyways the swing LCD is really gr8 ....... people who have not used it will say whats the big deal but use it once and u will not able to live without it :D

lol srry .. about the surface, but the camera is soo solid it wont move a part here or there :D.

yeah the Swing LCD is really really great, i didnt find the Low reso much of a problem. :D ;)

If they would just put Image Stabilization into future A6xx models, there would be no reason to look at the A7xx series. That swivelling screen makes all the difference in protecting the LCD when not in use.

Congrats, that's the best buy in that price segment.

Udit said:
you could have waited for the SD800IS stocks to return :no:

Err the IXUS's have no manual settings, so how is that a better option :S

Manual mode also leaves the camera in charge of selecting the shutter speed and aperture, but provides controls over all other parameters through the Function menu

While you did
list all the things the Manual mode provides, I think you explicitly need
to state, and in several places because it is SO misleading, that it does
NOT provide any manual exposure control.
Pseudo manual, is that it ? :rofl:

Udit said:
Anish pwned :tongue:
In your dreams :|

LOL SD/IXUS series has no manual mode... no P/Tv/Av/M. You are stuck with the camera selecting what it likes all the time :p. Biggest reason to avoid it lol. Its a dumb blonde's camera :p.

Chaos said:
LOL SD/IXUS series has no manual mode... no P/Tv/Av/M. You are stuck with the camera selecting what it likes all the time :p. Biggest reason to avoid it lol. Its a dumb blonde's camera :p.

:rofl:

Great now i dont feel guilty getting this cam over the SD :D..

ya the TV/AV/P/C/M feathers are simply great,,. great Manual settings to work with, i have been playing with the settings for 2 days now n i still havent explored everything yet. The 15sec Shutter speed is simply awesome, now i just have to get a tripod n i m done :D

Back