Android Note 5 PRO battery depleting way too fast since last 15 days (acidentally dropped on hard surface)

Futureized

Skilled
My NOTE 5 Pro is now completely killing me since past 15+ days, the top left body is little damaged and the top left screen shows a crack as well, will post photos from other mobile.
But since last 15 days, since mobile accidentally slipped and dropped on hard surface (paver blocks), mobile battery is depleting way too fast.
Just keeping idle without data on for 8+ hours take away 8% or more, with data on 15% or more.

Browsing, using apps, takes 50% in apprx. 1+ hours. Its non-rooted and without any tweaks/addons. Should i reformat again ?

Auto start apps are:
Lastpass
Todoist
SwiftKey Keyboard.

Due to the shock from falling, the battery connector might got loose.
Try removing the battery connector and reinsert again properly.

Yes RN5 pro has non removable battery, but it is very easy to remove the metal back panel and access the battery.
or
visit a nearby mobile service shop and ask them to do it.

My brother uses RN5 pro.

I think your mobile lithium battery, which is built in layers, has shorted some of the layers in the fall. If that's the case, battery has become unsafe and I'd suggest you get it changed at nearby mobile repair shop. It's never non-removable. Older phones don't use any fancy fast charging so it's alright to use generic battery from the mobile repair shop.

But 1% battery drain every hour without mobile data on doesn't seem bad at all.
I'm wondering why is your battery depleting so fast after turning it on.

My NOTE 5 Pro is now completely killing me since past 15+ days, the top left body is little damaged and the top left screen shows a crack as well, will post photos from other mobile.
But since last 15 days, since mobile accidentally slipped and dropped on hard surface (paver blocks), mobile battery is depleting way too fast.
Just keeping idle without data on for 8+ hours take away 8% or more, with data on 15% or more.

Browsing, using apps, takes 50% in apprx. 1+ hours. Its non-rooted and without any tweaks/addons. Should i reformat again ?

Auto start apps are:
Lastpass
Todoist
SwiftKey Keyboard.
Do sensor tests on your phone it seems proximity sensor got affected or light sensor due to which ether of these are constantly ON and working incorrectly resulting in battery drain. There might be other sensors too which might be affected.
Try to access your phones factory service menu to check all sensors and other phone aspects health or download any sensor testing/phone testing app.

Last edited:
Back