Notification Bar Bug on New Samsung Wave 525

knoughtyd

Skilled
Got a Samsung Wave 525 yesterday for my cousin & I have been playing around with Bada OS just to get a feel of it & it feels good:) but I noticed one minor niggle, that even though Message Lock was enabled but still anyone using the phone could see first line of a New SMS on the notifications bar, whenever a SMS was received:S.Later on after checking in the settings,I found out that there is a setting to disable "Displaying the contents of the messages" & along with it we could also disable the notifications of Message,Mail,Apps etc.

But to my horror, even after I had disabled that option still it was showing first line of the SMS each time a new SMS arrived:no: To check further,I completely disabled all the notifications but still whenever I got a new SMS it still showed a notification in the notification bar along with the first line of the SMS:mad:

I tried updating the firmware but it was upto date,even did a hard reset but still the issue persists:mad: Now Im confused what to do? I know its not such a big issue but still encountering a bug within a day's use is:no: Anyways hoping for a solution to this from Bada users out here.

Hmmm....

I guess it is an issue with bada.....

U'll have to live with it. Unless it is fixed by subsequent updates.

bada is an upcoming OS & u should not expect it to be completely perfect on all aspects. Enjoy the rest of the phone & bada. :)

It just lasts for 1 - 2 seconds.. and there is no way to make it last longer..

Actually i like his feature.. very handy when u dont want to enter the lock code eveytime for small msgs[3 -4 word msgs.. come down, call , meet at 4, goin here, etc etc]

Back