Nvidia 4000 series cards

I have always suggested people to invest in a used factory fitted cng Maruti Alto or similar hatchback cars where you can ride to places and enjoy actual game naturistic scenes with your family/friends. But people are still ready to put 1.5lacs in a mere gpu :banghead: I have no rights its everyone's money and choice eod but personally i find i Too Much! Cos. will continue to launch gpus or eve phones even for 10 lacs and beyond soon then may be banks will start funding loans for IT stuff! Awaiting uch days and esp. people availing such loans... Till then watch the picture and comment :p :D
soon you'll see photos of computer shop owners handing over graphics card to the (un)lucky owners who bought them, similar to those large car key photos

soon you'll see photos of computer shop owners handing over graphics card to the (un)lucky owners who bought them, similar to those large car key photos
Yes and get to see them on font page of TOI and also a short press conferences!
After such happenings, It wont come a surprise to see aajtak and similar new channels launching a dedicated gpu/IT news channel.

i can completely understand the feeling here , but than current gpu scenario is a different ball game , hypothetically if you have a a solar panel which could power your mining rig , and your only investment is purchasing gpu and your break even happens within few months and you have zero physical efforts to earn this is the best business , most of the business turn profitable after a a year and there is no guarantee . but than this crypto thing is volatile but it goes up exponentially hence lucrative .

I did read an article in a reputed news paper wherein a retired army personnel gave his money to his son and he gave him handsome returns .so he increased the investment and break even achieved the only cost is cooling ,cheap indian electricity and internet bill he even hired a person to keep an eye on the whole setup so that the whole farm is operational.

Easy money

Very few understand use of Crypto currency , everyone is interested in mining and the exponential value of the coin

Only crypto crash and less demand in 2022 can save pricing! This getting out of hands now [emoji14]
no need for crypto to crash, infact I don't see it crashing unless something like March 2020 scenario repeats with a 10x more severe event. The most profitable crypto to mine currently is Ethereum which is shifting from proof of work which needs mining to proof of stake (ETH 2.0, which doesn't need mining) sometime in the first half of next year. Other proof of work cryptos are not as profitable to mine (and Bitcoin needs ASICs). So the mining situation will hopefully come under control soon.

But chip shortages are only turning worse. So unless the supply chains and shortages get resolved I guess we will continue to see GPU shortages and high prices for a couple more years.

*cries in GTX 970*

Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 Really Could Pull 600W​

Nvidia's next-generation flagship graphics card is expected to require 450W of power for the GPU alone, and the board as a whole (TGP) will approach 600W. These projections come from Tom's Hardware Germany Alumnus Igor Wallossek, who insists that the same industry insider info and assumptions helped him predict the RTX 3090's power draw "almost exactly right on the watt" ahead of its launch.

Wallossek says Nvidia's GeForce RTX 3090 Ti provides insight into the company's plans for the RTX 4090. Add-in-Board partners (AIBs) have confirmed to Wallossek that the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti PCBs will be similar to the next-gen cards. Still, he warns those starting rumors that they will be "pin-compatible" are indulging in purely wishful thinking, according to his knowledge. Rather, the insight that the RTX 3090 Ti board design provides is mostly about power delivery/consumption.

Rumored performance with comparison to 30 series

Attachments

• Graphically Challenged - It's Already Happening… [OPFMtaquZno - 1288x725 - 1m00s].png
    Graphically Challenged - It's Already Happening… [OPFMtaquZno - 1288x725 - 1m00s].png
    328.4 KB · Views: 141

Nvidia's next-generation flagship graphics card is expected to require 450W of power for the GPU alone, and the board as a whole (TGP) will approach 600W. These projections come from Tom's Hardware Germany Alumnus Igor Wallossek, who insists that the same industry insider info and assumptions helped him predict the RTX 3090's power draw "almost exactly right on the watt" ahead of its launch.

Wallossek says Nvidia's GeForce RTX 3090 Ti provides insight into the company's plans for the RTX 4090. Add-in-Board partners (AIBs) have confirmed to Wallossek that the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti PCBs will be similar to the next-gen cards. Still, he warns those starting rumors that they will be "pin-compatible" are indulging in purely wishful thinking, according to his knowledge. Rather, the insight that the RTX 3090 Ti board design provides is mostly about power delivery/consumption.

any here we go again XD

good thing, atleast gamers will get cards instead of miners

Expected release is Q4, no one knows right now because Nvidia wants to clear older inventory. My guess would be some time in October or early November.
They are available on release date for order on sites like primeabgb, vedant, mdcomputers, etc and they ship it in 2-3 days.
They mention it on their site when product will be shipped.

Did anybody buy this card? Did you receive it and any issues noted?

Yes. I bought this card and also received it. Zotac for some reason does not seal the outer box which kinda made me nervous. However the card inside was sealed and definitely brand new.

However I am still wondering whether to keep it or sell it as may be 4xxx cards will be priced lower?

BTW this is a triple slot monster with a huge footprint. will easily gobble at least 2 PCIe slots.

Are you sure - assuming you heard about Nvidia reducing the production of 4xxx cards as news or rumors or leaks - I believe it will have worst stock scenario than 3xxx.
I don't know man. Some are saying Nvidia will cut down production. However they also have ended up with too much 5nm silicon with TSMC which TSMC has asked either to take it or find a buyer. So it can go either ways.

Are you sure - assuming you heard about Nvidia reducing the production of 4xxx cards as news or rumors or leaks - I believe it will have worst stock scenario than 3xxx.
They are reducing the wafer allotment from TSMC on the facts that they have huge unsold inventory of ampere series still in warehouses and they need to get rid of that first.

That's why the prices are being reduced constantly and this is before the used inventory from miners is going to hit the market and on top of that upcoming recession with rising fuel and electricity prices and crypto crash which will make even 4000 series non profitable in terms of mining.

Be ready to see once in a lifetime GPU price crash.

Karma is a boomerang it hits you hard on the way back , they got greedy and forgot about their traditional gaming market and they are gonna pay for it.

They are reducing the wafer allotment from TSMC on the facts that they have huge unsold inventory of ampere series still in warehouses and they need to get rid of that first.

That's why the prices are being reduced constantly and this is before the used inventory from miners is going to hit the market and on top of that upcoming recession with rising fuel and electricity prices and crypto crash which will make even 4000 series non profitable in terms of mining.

Be ready to see once in a lifetime GPU price crash.

Karma is a boomerang it hits you hard on the way back , they got greedy and forgot about their traditional gaming market and they are gonna pay for it.

I believe the used inventory of GPUs has already started hitting market. And yes Nvidia is stuck both ways with too much 3xxx inventory and upcoming 4xxx inventory.

Hence curious if I should keep that 3080ti or let it go. I can easily get what I paid as its still at a deep discount. However market prices of 3080ti are still north of 90k and I can easily use this card for 4 more years

Hence curious if I should keep that 3080ti or let it go. I can easily get what I paid as its still at a deep discount. However market prices of 3080ti are still north of 90k and I can easily use this card for 4 more years
You've already answered your own question.

It all comes down to your self esteem. If you'll feel like you have "last generation" card when 4000 series is launched (it's not gonna happen soon) then do whatever you want but if you're someone who feels content with the things you own given that they work for you without any issues functionally then keep it.

Don't be offended but what you're really asking here is that the chull of owning the latest and greatest good? My answer and opinion, nope but if you have the disposable income then do as you please.

Back