FS: Movie and Music NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Streaming Media Player (Not PRO)

buzz88

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Ahmedabad
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Cash
  2. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Dec 1, 2021
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Testing Warranty of 3 days. No official warranty.
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Getting rid of old stuff to buy new
Up for sale is a NVIDIA SHIELD media player.

Product Info : https://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-Streaming-Performance-Assistant-945-13430-2500-000/dp/B07YP94PBJ

About one year old. Sparingly used with a projector.
Mint condition. (Marking it 4 out of 5 only because it's a year old. Physically and operationally it's almost new.)

No bill as it was brought to India through a friend.
Have box, remote and power adapter.

If you have a better/cheaper alternative in mind, please buy that. No need to enlighten me.
This is not the PRO model. For any comparison or discussion, please create a new thread.

Testing warranty of 3 days.

For any discussion on price, please PM.

Attachments

• 20221224_001730.jpg
    20221224_001730.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20221224_003602.jpg
    20221224_003602.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 249
  • 20221224_003727.jpg
    20221224_003727.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 20221224_003823.jpg
    20221224_003823.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 238
Sorry for hijacking the thread but this is a fantasic device and its a shame that this device is not sold in India!

This is the only properly certified android device to support TrueHD and DTS HD passthrough with support for Dolby Vision. Not to mention it also includes support of LDAC.

Other than the rare and out of production Oppo UHD players, not many "official" devices support playing lossless audio from .mkv files.

A solid recommendation for someone looking to upgrade their AV experience without getting expensive AVRs. A rare find indeed.

Just some information a proespective buyer may want to consider. Not my intention to start a discusssion.

I would have bought it had my AVR not turned problematic in just 9 months of use. As it happens now, I've lost my taste for surround sound and find myself content with 2 good speakers with a half decent stereo amplifier. The Shield's ability to play all kinds of content will now be largely useless for me.

*Free Bump*

this a solid media player. One of the very best. Can handle all codecs & containers, and does not lag at all. I’ve owned firestick 4K max, Apple TV 4K and Shield 2019; I’ve sold my the APTV and use shield as my main playback device with the home theatre.

*Free Bump*

this a solid media player. One of the very best. Can handle all codecs & containers, and does not lag at all. I’ve owned firestick 4K max, Apple TV 4K and Shield 2019; I’ve sold my the APTV and use shield as my main playback device with the home theatre.
All codecs is a bit of a broad term. It doesn't support VP9.2 because Nvidia doesn't want to spend on changing the architecture and of course AV1 is too new for it. But yeah, it is great for audio support.

I was sure this would happen sooner or later. Please, guys, take the discussion to a new thread if possible. Don't reply here. Thanks for the free bumps though.
This was as much useful for a prospective buyer as post #2 which you liked. But I get what you are getting at.

Back