Oculus Quest 2 in India

Strategist

Recruit
I was wondering what the options are for purchasing the Oculus Quest 2 in India. It probably won't be officially released here.
What are the best online options? Newegg? Amazon US? I am OK paying around 35k, ie. around 50% over the US price of $300.

Relatives/friends returning to India is the best way. Since you are fine with paying extra money, both Amazon US and Newegg are fine choices. Just make sure the final checkout price includes customs.

Unfortunately my sense is that Amazon US now charges a bigger premium than it used to almost 100% which is more than I am willing to pay. For example in this listing the
$300 Quest 2 is listed at $573 when imported to India. I have seen this kind of premium in other listings too. A year or two back my sense is the import differential was more like 50%.
I am hoping Newegg will have a more reasonable price.

It was a touch over $600 for the Oculus Rift CV1 back when it retailed for $400 flat. I bought that and a third sensor for $150 extra.

Paid 50-70% more, in short.

So is anyone here purchasing this?
I think I am going to pass. The prices I am seeing are around 42k which is almost a 100% premium, too much for me. Plus a lot of user reviews are saying that the
default strap is poor and that you have to buy the "elite strap" which IIRC is $50 in the US and no doubt a lot more to ship to India.

Maybe I will look into some PC VR options but all those are massively overpriced in India too. The state of VR in India is pretty pathetic...

For now, I have placed an order on amazon sg on Nov 29th to a friend who will be visiting India in Jan/Feb.
The seller is Amazon US store, and almost negligible customs/tax to Singapore.
The sad part is it is a backorder, yet to be fulfilled due to stock issues.

Back