PC Peripherals OCZ RAM in India.

OCZ have discontinued the EL Platinum Elite Edition (TCCD). They have also discontinued the OCZ EL Platinum Rev 2 (TCCD/TCC5) according to the info supplied to Disty's. They've discontinued the OCZ Gold VX as well. The only worthwhile model is the the Gamer Extreme (GX) models which IT Depot has now - they have UTT BH-5 chips.

Considering Transcend has modules with Samsung UCCC and Micron -5b available, I did not recommend any of the OCZ 2GB kits considering they are based on the UCCC chips too. The OCZ EB is a good kit, but the current batch of Infineon CE-6 chips are having problems I believe. If anyone has better suggestions for the memory, do post :)

There's a typo on the site. Its not 1 yr warranty, its gonna be lifetime warranty.

Crazy_Eddy said:
OCZ have discontinued the EL Platinum Elite Edition (TCCD). They have also discontinued the OCZ EL Platinum Rev 2 (TCCD/TCC5) according to the info supplied to Disty's. They've discontinued the OCZ Gold VX as well. The only worthwhile model is the the Gamer Extreme (GX) models which IT Depot has now - they have UTT BH-5 chips.

Considering Transcend has modules with Samsung UCCC and Micron -5b available, I did not recommend any of the OCZ 2GB kits considering they are based on the UCCC chips too. The OCZ EB is a good kit, but the current batch of Infineon CE-6 chips are having problems I believe. If anyone has better suggestions for the memory, do post :)

There's a typo on the site. Its not 1 yr warranty, its gonna be lifetime warranty.

tell the prices Eddy.

^^ Exactly even I thought that the Transcend 2GB kits with UCCC are cheaper... Pricing is gonna decide whether they sell or no..:S

i sincerely hope that the 1 year warranty claim on the itdepot website is a negligience / typo on part of the itdepot / abacus management team.as pointed out by crazy a few posts above.
otherwise if it is indeed 1 year warranty then i would not touch these rams for even half of the prices of these ram modules as mentioned on newegg site even.

sigh !! too weary for any more comments.

ridiculous!!! No point in buying that

You may as well buy 2 GB of -5BD Micron chips for 9K.Or UCCC chips for around the same price

or 1 GB UCCC at 4.xx K

Nikhil said:
ridiculous!!! No point in buying that

You may as well buy 2 GB of -5BD Micron chips for 9K.Or UCCC chips for around the same price

or 1 GB UCCC at 4.xx K

Nikhil yesterday the Price was 3900 for 1gb stick ;) -5BD Micron chips with BP

[gulp] Are those prices for 2GB OCZ kits? I know it's not, but only then will they make sense :p When I was shopping for DDR2 RAM, I was getting a 2GB PC2-5400 kit for like $325, roughly the same cost of the 1GB kit on itdepot :D What is wrong with them pricing it so high!!

EDIT: Their pricing for PC2-6400 and PC2-5400 don't make sense... unless the latter is a 2gb kit.

Back