Budget 41-50k Office Network Setup Help

Hello guys,

I need help in setting up a office network. My existing network has 4 PCs with LAN connectivity and shared printer. I also have Wi-Fi enabled.

The PCs I have are very old and need upgrade. I work with AutoCAD LT and other design software (only 2D) My technician suggested all-in-ones. But I don't think it will be worth it.

I have a fair knowledge of computers but not much experience with networking.
My idea is this:
Set up a 'master PC' with a 2 TB drive and a backup drive.
Set up PCs with a local network so that all the data can be stored and accessed from the 'master PC' and the PCs need access to the internet.
Also I want to set up the systems with software like Deep freeze which seems to be a better solution than antiviruses.

Please suggest me what rig i need to setup. I would prefer 19-22" monitors. Can I accommodate a 60/120 GB SSD on each PC instead of a mechanical drive? Since all data would be on the master PC?

Also suggest if I need additional equipment. My budget is flexible, but I wouldn't want to spend if its not absolutely necessary.

You will need a several PCs with i3s (or Pentium if you are OK with speed) for users, and one PC with i5 3rd gen + B75 board + 1 HDD for OS + 1 HDD for softRAID.

On the network side, one router + Gigabit switch + WiFi APs (depending on need)

Software side, all should run Windows 7, ensure that each user has an account on his/her machine, as well as the server. Share a folder on the server, and map it to each computer.

I would suggest to avoid SSDs for now, till you are sure that everything will fit in budget.

Back