Budget 90k+ Office use thin and light Windows laptop required. Budget upto 1 lakh.

• What's your Budget? Under 1 lakh.
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Office apps, Web surfing, E-mails, Word, etc. Little work on light VMs (Linux Distros). No gaming. A little stronger processor required.
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 13.3" to 14", Want it to be as thin and light as possible along with special emphasis on battery life. This is my main priority.
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? No preference as such, better build quality is preferred.
  • Any other considerations? Things that I want this laptop to have - Least weight possible, easy to carry daily, hence not looking above 14". Maximum battery life possible. The laptop must have atleast 1 USB A port. HDMI port is absolutely necessary. Atleast 1 USB Type C port is needed. Atleast 1 Thunderbolt port is needed. This has to be a Windows machine because of some Windows only softwares that I use.

PS: This is for another friend of mine. He has shortlisted this configuration - Core i5 - 1240P, 16GB DDR5 RAM, expandable M.2 NVMe storage and this laptop. It seemed pretty nice to me, a bit on the costlier side but the display is gorgeous and build quality is excellent on it (checked it out in Reliance Digital).

Are there any other laptops I should see? I would like some inputs from you experts.

Thanks.

I checked LG Gram aswell in the Reliance Digital. It felt cheaply built and the display was nowhere near the 2.8K OLED 16:10 90Hz display on ASUS. I know I sound biased :p

1lac for a basic laptop is not sure good idea .

However, I will recommend Asus Oled laptops...please note I have no hands-on experience but when I was buying my laptop I did my research and Asus would have been my choice with that kind of money.
Only went for hp because I got really good deal on old laptop exchange .

Zenbook is probably the way to go.
It's OOS rn, the cash back would have made it under 1L. Not meant to be I guess.

Alternative if looking for something far lighter and sleaker:
Zenbook S13 OLED https://in.store.asus.com/um5302t-oled.html
Has a Ryzen 5 6600U that's arguably better than the i5 1240P. But they'll have to sacrifice on ports (nothing a docking station won't fix).

hp elitebook g7
1080p touch screen
i7 vpro
16gigs
1tbssd

best laptop + reliable.
probooks are for kids.

i7 over ryzen anyday for battery life, heat, and resultant weight. [ thin and light requirement ]

hp elitebook g7
1080p touch screen
i7 vpro
16gigs
1tbssd

best laptop + reliable.
probooks are for kids.

i7 over ryzen anyday for battery life, heat, and resultant weight. [ thin and light requirement ]
Wait... you choose i7 over ryzen due to "battery life"?
That seems to go against the findings of almost every major reviewer.

Undergoing some dilemma as 90k seems kinda too much for i5+16GB+512GB (Asus Zenbook 14). I have always been a performance-first guy and paying so much extra when there is ZenBook 13 (UX325EA) which is far cheaper and lighter that was available for 55k last month.

The dilemma increased with the discovery of Vivobook Pro 14 which costs 10000 less than ZenBook 14 and would straight annihilate it when it comes to performance while being only 100 grams heavier. But I won't be using the laptop for it's performance, those tasks will be done on desktop anyway. Yet, paying more for a less performing laptop feels criminal.

I think ZenBook 13 would fit in very nicely with the most of the requirements while saving a good amount of money aswell. Too bad it isnt available anywhere.

Then, there is this laptop from HP but the battery life is not as good as others.

The above mentioned Vivobook Pro 14 has very poor selection of ports but this Vivobook S14 seems a good buy. Here is the Flipkart listing.

Alternative if looking for something far lighter and sleaker:
Zenbook S13 OLED https://in.store.asus.com/um5302t-oled.html
Thanks, this looks beautiful but I'm re-evaluating my budget now.

Last edited:

Wait... you choose i7 over ryzen due to "battery life"?
That seems to go against the findings of almost every major reviewer.
every time, ryzen is slow, integration is still with an intel wifi card on most major manufacturers
i7vpro / evo is just seamless.

i dont want to rant, but i have a ryzen laptop hp probook - bigger bulkier, larger battery - hate it. 720p screen
i7 vpro hp elitebook with a touch screen - 1080p - DOUBLE the battery life with a slimmer battery

also have an i5 hp probook - better than the the ryzen imo from an overall work perspective and better battery.
i am not crunching large amounts of data or encoding video for work, to be clear.

I think talking about AMD vs Intel does not make sense until you guys put the generation as well as the particular chip sku for the same. We have h, u, x and many other series which will perform differently.

Is there any laptop with same specs but 1-1.2 kg weight? I have a 1.4kg laptop right now and I am looking for a upgrade but with less weight.
Going for too light weight might be compromising with the built quality.

It is hard to say ofcourse unless proper reviews are there but most weight loss comes from material built only .
Do take a note of that factor too

Back