OC & Modding Old shcool stuff :p

Sandy

Skilled
Another cold rainy day here :mad:

Going through my old stuff I found some memory sticks.
Thought of selling them off until I saw the chips on 2 of them :eek:hyeah:

The chips on these are D9GCT's. Yes-yes I still love all D9Gxx's especially the GKX :p

Seeing the chips I expected atleast 800@ CL4 but boy was I in for a huge surprise.

Quickly removed the cellys and placed these in and the system booted just fine :p I forgot to rest the bios but that didn't seem to affect these babies at all.
With a little tweak this is what these do With just 2.05V at CL4 :p The exact same settings that my cells needed. 32MB stable. Worked on the system for a while and everything seems stable.

I'm very sure these can even do 1000 @ CL4 with 2.15-2.2 will try pushing them later.
These arent as good as the GKX but anything that can do CL4 @ 950 with just 2.05V is good enough for poor old me :p
Right now the board is on a older bios, wont handle 4 gigs well, an updated bios is out I just need to flash it and I *hope* I can run these with my cells at CL4 :p 4gb at CL4 woot

:eek:hyeah:

Apo dada No re Crucial OEM sticks..

bottle said:
Insane :p Reminds me of the days of the GKX benching
sigh the good old times, staying up nights and days just to get to touch 4ghz :ashamed:

I miss those days! Where the only consequence of staying up so late was that I slept in class. Taking tips from the pros to reach as high a speed as possible! And drooling over the chips Deejay and Darky got. I had a bloody CBBID :( . I AM getting too old! :(

^I have that CBBID. Still works fine. :D

Maybe it realised one not-so-ok leg out of hundreds is not as bad as one out of two. :rofl:

I was too old anyways- but had a great time watching you guys compete for fun. :)

Yeah man, that was awesome fun! The golden years of TE for me. It was such a casual, fun, interactive forum. Deals were made solely on trust! Sheesh.... you sent me that X2 without even waiting for payment or ANYTHING!

Unfortunately(for me), the forum has grown so big that the casual behaviour of earlier and the informality has disappeared.... Times are changing :(

^^^ Si-Si the glory days! We never realized how good we had it back then, And yes the one and only kaput boi :(
The small pond that once was has grown into a big raging river :|
You never actually miss something until its gone,, this is soo true!

@ Nikhil if people like you start saying that they are getting old then there is no hope for people like me :p most of them are uncles now raising a family making babies :rofl:

Bike sirr you were never too old. You still sound like your 22 :p

^ You are still too young to feel like an oldie- so cut it out. :p

But in those days, there was nothing such as young/old, new/old, n00b/senior, skilled/unskilled, etc etc.

All interacted so freely though not overstepping the line ever, most at least. :p

I have met (most online and some in person too) some of the best people and made some best friends for life here at TE. :)

And good to see the Sandman here.

Maybe he is much luckier than he used to be and that must be keeping him very busy these days. :p

Felt nostalgic after reading some of the posts above.
I still remember those huge chat sessions with masky, Baatli, Chaos, Sunny, Appo, Blade and so on.
To be honest, the fun I had during the A64 days was the best. Dont think I will ever experience that ever again.
Do you guys remember, how it was a big deal to source even a third party cooler ?
I still remember how all of us were drooling when Baatli got those awesome Patriot DDR1 Ram kit based on Samsung TCCD.

Aah those good ol days ! :(

Sandy said:
Apo dada No re Crucial OEM sticks..
sigh the good old times, staying up nights and days just to get to touch 4ghz :ashamed:

err well i remember your made me funny about your owl story :lol:

so these day t.e is doing stronger :)

also i remember i sold the card 6600 Vanilla edition for 1.5k profile :rofl:

Amey said:
I still remember those huge chat sessions with masky, Baatli, Chaos, Sunny, Appo, Blade and so on.
To be honest, the fun I had during the A64 days was the best. Dont think I will ever experience that ever again.
Do you guys remember, how it was a big deal to source even a third party cooler ?
I still remember how all of us were drooling when Baatli got those awesome Patriot DDR1 Ram kit based on Samsung TCCD.

I remember thoe TCCDs and TCC5s! Then there were those UCCC(which I ended up buying from Bunnysoi) which could do high speeds but at looser latencies.

The AMD 64 times were the best. Third party coolers were non existent at that time. TR XP-90 and XP-120 were the best and most guys around here had an XP-90.

I remember you and Deejay basically setting the benchmark and then baatli joining in the fun. Poor people(real poor, not Amey poor) like us would have to be content with 2.45 ghz on a CBBId while you and Deejay would be hitting 2.7-2.8 with ease and trying for 3 ghz.

What happened to deejay anyway?

@bikie, starting this year things turned around for me no more bad luck :p

^ I had a XP 90 with amd64 :( vivek Punjabi bought it from me :( oh man poor vivek RIP.

tyre baron here also had a amd64 I remember.

BIKeINSTEIN said:
And good to see the Sandman here.

Maybe he is much luckier than he used to be and that must be keeping him very busy these days. :p

Sandy said:
@bikie, starting this year things turned around for me no more bad luck :p

What i said implied you being quite lucky now and busy because of that. :)

Too many birds and busy ensuring they don't sit on the same branch. :lol:

Amey said:

You moved on to a bigger field- you are still the poorest man but in Tbhp now. :p

Nikhil said:
I remember thoe TCCDs and TCC5s! Then there were those UCCC(which I ended up buying from Bunnysoi) which could do high speeds but at looser latencies.

Still got a pair of all- bought when i could afford used ones. :p

Nikhil said:
The AMD 64 times were the best. Third party coolers were non existent at that time. TR XP-90 and XP-120 were the best and most guys around here had an XP-90.

Oi- don't forget the Tt Big Typhoons. :p

Nikhil said:
I remember you and Deejay basically setting the benchmark and then baatli joining in the fun. Poor people(real poor, not Amey poor) like us would have to be content with 2.45 ghz on a CBBId while you and Deejay would be hitting 2.7-2.8 with ease and trying for 3 ghz.

Don't forget funkymonkey/Shripad. :)

He got the first two 0517 3000+ chips, esp in Mumbai.

I bought Darky's 2.9G chip- still works ;like a dream after having used it for testing dozens of mobos- still use it once in a while. :p

3000+/opty 144 or 146/opty165/X2 3800, DFI nF4, D43/TCCD/UCCC, 6600GT/6800GT/x800xl/x800xt pe/x800gto2/1900XT- what fun esp as almost everyone was on the same latest platform and everyone was in it for the pure thrill of OCing than competition.

rig gallery is down but i still remember the comment when i wasnt OCing the 0517 for lack of good memory- some almost said " 0517 and not OCed-die n00bie die" :rofl:

Nikhil said:
What happened to deejay anyway?

Moved out of Mumbai for business reasons afaik. :)

Oh yes!! The 0517 chips and Funkymonkey(Shripad sucks! :p). Even Quaddy was totally involved in the Oc'ing. He also bought a 3000+ with the intention of oc'ing the hell out of it. And the craze for DFI mobos was awesome!

The MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum was the first overclocker's board. Then it was the Asus A8N-E and A8N SLI Deluxe and premium. Then the DFIs came in for some lucky people!

^ Me me! I first had the A64 3000+, then the Opteron 146, DFI Lanparty Ultra-D, and some sick OCZ kit with golden heatsinks I bought from Funky.

I still remember jumping up when I clocked a 10.xx time on Super Pi 1M to top the leaderboard only for some bastids to buy C2Ds and ruin my wet dreams :p

Back