Ol'school pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright guyz, got a ol'school pc which i think is perfect as download rig.:eek:hyeah:
here r the specs:
1. procy - amd k6-2 500Mhz
2. ram - 64mb simtronics
3. mobo - via (dont remember model#)
4. graphic card - Sis 4mb (played nfs se on it for so many yrs:hap2: )
5. sound card - cmi
6. optical drive - samsung CD-Writer (52x24x52)
6. hdd - seagate 8gb (no bad sectors)
7. monitor - samsung 55V
8. keyboard - samsung basic
9. mouse - microsoft optical
10. cabi - intex atx
11. smps - microtech 230V

as far as price is concerned, i have no idea. so im calling all u guyz to suggest me a good price for this pc.

4k for everything might be ok ( just a suggestion, not interested :) ) . Seagate 8 gb drives are epic, i have one which was bought in 2000 and still no bad sectors :p

I do not think this will get much attention from buyers here ... you might have to donate it to some rural school :eek:hyeah:.
Please do not take my post in a bad sense, but the rig is really old. I have a P3 867Mhz system at home, even that does not get buyers. People do know about the lower prices of rigs these days.

rapt0r said:
4k for everything might be ok ( just a suggestion, not interested :) ) . Seagate 8 gb drives are epic, i have one which was bought in 2000 and still no bad sectors :p

4k is on way higher side.Better keep the system or donate to poor needy person for free.

I dont think nebody will buy this...so give it some1 for free...bdw u can sell ur monitor separately might fetch u 700-800 bucks....n 200-300 for ur witer...rest all gift to the person who buys this or give to some poor guy...he'll remember u throughout his life.....

You really, really have to quote a price since this is in the market section -its the rule to . If you just want to find out the prices, posting elsewhere would be recommended

"so im calling all u guyz to suggest me a good price for this pc".

Heh, yeah dude tell us, what price will you pay US to take this off your hands.

greenhorn said:
You really, really have to quote a price since this is in the market section -its the rule to . If you just want to find out the prices, posting elsewhere would be recommended

if u really want a price then im quoting 4k :D

painkiller said:
if u really want a price then im quoting 4k :D

2~2.2k is a more realistic price you can expect for that rig. I Hope you do realize none of those components except the Monitor are worth more than 100~150 Rupees each. The 15" Monitor is worth 1k.

4k would fetch a Athlon 64+ or Pentium 4 machine.

Just to give you an idea, our company disposed of machines with specs Pentium 4 2.8GHz HT, 512MB RAM, 80GB HDD, i915 on-board graphics, DVD Drive, 17" HP 7500 Color Monitor, HP Keyboard/Mouse for 6k each and that was a pretty high price they got.

+1 to all that that Lord_Nem said- not more than 2K imho- that too just to put a price.

Else frankly speaking as a person who has a K6-2 rig in the loft- not worth more than scrap/junk now. :ashamed:

Few hundreds more than 2K can fetch used rigs way way way... better. :)

Kids here do not even want P4 rigs and GF6200 and the likes for free- all want C2D and good gfx cards. :p

Better given away for free some poor kid who can try learning basic pc stuff. :)

Don't you think after almost 10yrs in service- that rig has paid back more than you purchased it for. :cool2:

FYI-

Keeping a seller's interests in mind, 4K can fetch used rig comprising the following (or similar P4)-

athlon64 3000+

mobo with gfx

512/1024MB ram

80GB hdd + optical drive

400W psu and cabby

K/B+mouse

15" CRT or add a wee bit more for a 17" Flat CRT with some warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back